blocking my 6.5 grendel mag

MIvarminter50

I have 2 c-products 10round mags for my 6.5 grendel build.
Instead of paying 15-20 bucks for a 5 rounder/Michigan hunting mag restrictions, I hear a term of "blocking" . The vids I watched were not to good.But I get the jest.Someone here care to talk me through the 10 rnd to 5 rnd change .
Thanks alot. Gary

Last edited:
Simply remove the floor plate and put a piece of cut-to-fit wood in the middle of the spring. That way when you load the magazine the follower can only be compressed a certain amount before hitting the block.

You might have to cut it down a few times to get it just right.

I did this to one of my M1A magazines and painted 5-RD on the side in yellow.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptSimply remove the floor plate and put a piece of cut-to-fit wood in the middle of the spring. That way when you load the magazine the follower can only be compressed a certain amount before hitting the block.

You might have to cut it down a few times to get it just right.

I did this to one of my M1A magazines and painted 5-RD on the side in yellow.

I used paint stir sticks when we could only use 5 rounders in our AR's on PD.

Greg

on 450 bushmaster mags - arstoner (midway private label brand) adds a second anti-tilt follower, upside down in the bottom of the mag (like a floor plate in the pmags). the feet on both anti-tilt followers hit and limit the rounds inside the magazine.

might be worth a try if you have a spare follower around. cheap and effective.

I ended up using a thick stir-stick I had laying around.Cut it twice to get it to hold the 5 rnds I needed, it`ll work just fine. Thanks .

Back