suppressor blew off

So now my questions are, which part is the actual serialized part, which parts were damaged, and can you purchase those parts to repair your can without having to jump through legal hoops?

must've been some piss poor/sloppy threading, or stripped or something, for the pressure to blow it completely off, BEFORE completely blowing it up. OR it was only screwed on by a single thread.

Even a solid end cap strike wouldn't blow a suppressor completely off, if the threads were good and the suppressor was seated firmly in place.

it was made out of aluminum and i guess the pressure loosen the threads and the bullet impacted the out side cap and blew off. i got all the parts back and it blew off again. so i may cut it off and have it re threaded. i think it was cheap or something. but not really sure what to do

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnottake that pos wix filter and destroy it with a big hammer. then buy a good suppressor. you are flirting with major pain and suffering.

Ummm... What he said. Sometimes I wonder what in the holy [beeep] people are actually thinking. SMFH.

Originally Posted By: bronco2yes form 1 it was the wix 24003 type on a AR platform 243.

https://imgur.com/a/3U2eMrO

What in the actual [beeep]** would anyone use an aluminum housed piece of equipment designed to filter particles out of oil, on something that creates over 50k PSI to push a round over 3000FPS. I do not know. I usually refrain from negativity but you definitely get what you invest in.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnottake that pos wix filter and destroy it with a big hammer. then buy a good suppressor. you are flirting with major pain and suffering.

100%

ya.. i kinda doubt that was meant to withstand those kinds of pressures... all aluminum... yea..

my form1 can is made from steel and titanium and that gives it a 300 win mag pressure type rating..

i wouldnt attempt an all aluminum model for anything with much more force than typical pistol pressures (9mm, 40, etc) or *maybe* subsonic blackout loads. would probably make a beautiful rimfire suppressor.

sorry to hear that you wasted $200 on the stamp, and thankfully only learned a lesson that was painful to your budget and not your person or those around you.

Originally Posted By: bronco2i cant pay $1000 for a good one

I can appreciate that and at one time or another we've all been there throughout our lives but my suggestion to you would be to stop playing home builder and save up till you can afford a quality suppressor.

It's for good reason those "good one" suppressors cost $1000.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: bronco2i cant pay $1000 for a good one

I can appreciate that and at one time or another we've all been there throughout our lives but my suggestion to you would be to stop playing home builder and save up till you can afford a quality suppressor.

It's for good reason those "good one" suppressors cost $1000.
Before you seriously injure yourself or someone else.

At the minimum, do your homework on form 1 cans that have been properly tested for your intended purpose.
But thats still going to cost you another $200 stamp and the cost of another form 1 build.

Originally Posted By: bronco2k

What I would do is scrap your form one... Unless you have someone who has built a few help you out, but then it's still going to cost you... Look into a YHM, Gemtech or Griffin, you can get into a quality can that's well built for 380-500 dollars. I will be well worth it for you.

If you need help or have any questions I would certainly take the time to help you out.

This thread has provided me with a full weeks full of joy and for that I think you good sir!
wink.gif

Back