Triple Play

Gman757

I haven't hunted much over the last 2 years due to some medical issues but I decided to get out and hit the woods last night. I set up about 35 yards from a feeder we have been running in a wooded area that has had hogs on it for the last week.

This particular spot is sort of tough to hunt because of the wind direction I need in addition the geography and bedding area the hogs come in from. I have to cross a small creek and muddy swamp and then set up with my back against the creek bed.

This is also the property I hunt that has a healthy black bear population and you will notice in the pics a .45 on my tripod. I lock my rifle down in the saddle so I like having quick access to the .45 with the Tac light and laser.

These hogs came in around 9 pm and I put the big boar down first and picked off the other 2 in the woods. I had a first happen on this hunt also..... I put down the big boar and the smaller hog down with the first few shots. The others scattered and then I noticed the sow kept circling back and forth in the woods. I even took a shot at her and she still stayed close and kept going back and forth in the woods for 5 minutes until she finally hit a clearing and I got a few rounds in her. I have never seen a hog hang around that long after being shot at so many times.....

The rig is a 6.8 SPC loaded with SSA 110 grain Nosler Accubonds and a Trijicon 35mm MarkIII.

t3YK6Ji.jpg

919z4fs.jpg
wKuyQNr.jpg

Back