Lightweight stock options?

cm1021

finalizing a new build and the only thing left is the stock. Ive looked at manners EH1/EH1A, McMillan game warden/scout, AG composites. Wanting the tactical/vertical grip, and between 30-36 oz, also not a long wait time.

Any suggestions? I'm putting together this build as a lightweight hunting rifle so im being particular about weights.

I put a McMillan Game Hunter on my Christensen Arms Ridgeline. Even with the vertical grip and the
cheek piece it is still lighter then the original stock. I got an amazing deal last Black Friday and purchased it from their in inventory page. Didn't have a lot of color options at the time but I received it the next week and I'm very happy with it.
Good luck
Bobby

My Rem 700 S/A Game Hunter is 28 oz. it’s edge fill which costs an extra $80-90 but worth it in my mind if you re counting ounces.

Also have a AG Cat 700 long action 700 and it’s 28 oz too. I think both make great stocks.

Good luck with your decision.

I have a manners EH1 on my Tikka t3x. It is hard to describe how happy I am with this stock. You have to have one to realize that the price is worth the money to the advantages it gives over a typical hunting stock. it looks bad A$$ too!

Originally Posted By: cm1021finalizing a new build and the only thing left is the stock. Ive looked at manners EH1/EH1A, McMillan game warden/scout, AG composites. Wanting the tactical/vertical grip, and between 30-36 oz, also not a long wait time.

Any suggestions? I'm putting together this build as a lightweight hunting rifle so im being particular about weights.

I've got the T5-A and a few PRS-1's, all in the Elite shell with CF and it eliminates a pound off of the traditional Synthetic manufactured by Manners... Lightest I've used to date is the new CF stocks from Gunwerks, the Clymer, and the Verdict which will accommodate your vertical Grip. The Verdict actually has a removable grip to utilize the more vertical or horizontal style... IF you have any questions let me know. Wait time I've heard is about 2.5-3 weeks on the the stock, and you can choose plenty of options as well as your select camo!

Verdict CF
50498103817_b039f4982a_b.jpg

PRS-1 CF
50498108977_0903972802_b.jpg

Last edited:
I have a game scout stock, I don't think it's lightweight but it is nice. I've handled a manners eh1 and would've preferred one for my most recent rifle if their wait time wasn't so long. That had a great feel to it and it is lightweight.

I just recieved my AG composite stock that I ordered. It's very well made and light, but it's their privateer version so no vertical grip. It only took 4 weeks from the time I ordered it for it to ship to me, so I'd strongly consider ordering from them.

Back