Burris Fullfield IV

Burris is coming out with the Fullfield IVs this year. Have they put out what kind of glass they have or how they compare to other scopes in their lineup? Im debating whether to Preorder a 3-12x42 or get something else for a new build.

Originally Posted By: DarryleMade in China /thread

I haven't heard about the new fullfields. But to my understanding,Burris didn't just hire a a foreign company to build the new fullfield scopes! they made duplicates of all there scope manufacturing equipment & opened there own shop in the Philippines..Should this be true,there is still no telling where they are being assembled,also what was the quality of there newly manufactured equipment? quality of the parts they are using??
IMO, the fullfield scopes don't seem to be the quality they was when made in the US.

Just my 2 pennies worth..

I ordered a 3-12x42 with an illuminated Rectical. First thing I noticed is it is made in China which was really disappointing. I think my E1 was made in the Philippines.
The glass looks clear and has good eye relief.
I haven't mounted it or compared it to my other Burris or Leopold's yet.
It seems kind of heavy but it does have an IR. I'm not sure how it compares to the ones with out an IR.
I'll update this when I finish my build and mount it.

Its a shame how fast things change in the scope world! Not to change the subject, But I tell ya, for a china scope the Athlons are not bad at all IMO! I'm not one to brag on china made scopes! But Ive owned 3 of the Athlons, the Neos, Talos & Argos.. I've seen for myself they are very dependable scopes. Thanks for the heads up on Burris! I wasn't awear of that.

All the current Burris scopes with the EXCEPTION of the Fullfield IV models are made in the Philippines. Fullfield IV's are made in China.

I won't touch a FF IV but I do own several FF II's, MTAC and Veracity models, all of which are good scopes that track true and hold POI which is more than I can say about Leupold.

Thanks for the heads up Ghostman. I own a 2-7x35 fullfield & have been quite pleased with its brightness & clarity.. The reticle (though not lighted) works well in low light & the parallax seems almost non existent. Hard to beat the scope for $$.

Last edited:
Back