Thunder Beast ULTRA 9??

johncraddock445

Anyone have one of these? I took the plunge about a month ago due to all of the published DB info. I currently have a couple F1 10'' cans which have been great. I'm wondering how the ultra 9 does in comparison. I would be awfully disapointed if the F1's out perform the ultra 9...

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed, I shoot 6.5 creedmoor,grendel and 22.250 out of my ultra 9.
Best 9 inch can on the market IMO,
Don't think you will find any form 1 cans that will perform as good as this one ,Quiet and repeatable accuracy are what sells this can,not to mention it's also pretty lite

Last edited:
I have no experience with F1's but have an Ultra 9 in .338 and an ultra 7 in 6.5. I am very pleased with both. I'm really thinking about getting and 30 cal thunderbeast ultra 7 or 9. I have two OSS in "jail" and probably won't see them until 2021. If I'm not happy with them, I'll probably order another thunder beast. The only thing I don't like about the thunder beast is there is significant "blow back" on my ARs. I'm hoping the OSS is better on the AR's.

I have the ultra 7 and 9 in 30 caliber.. I use on ARs and bolt actions from 204 to 30 caliber and love them! They don’t have a negative impact on group sizes and I use for prairie dog, deer, and hog hunting. You can address the blowback with an adjustable gas block. Gemtech also makes a suppressed bolt carrier. It has a setting for suppressed and unsuppressed. My SBR with a 9 threw brass a LONG ways. Much better with the adjustable bolt carrier. My 20” AR 223 works fine with the 7” in standard configuration.

I've adjusted the gas block on my AR's but with a thunderbeast you will always have some blow back regardless of how low you turn down the gas block. It just makes my brass dirty and bolt carrier group a little dirtier which overall isn't a big issue. A small amount of blow back, cost and wait time is the only bad thing I can say about my Thunderbeasts. Cost and wait time are an unavoidable game you have to play if you want a suppressor.

With that said, I absolutely love my thunderbeast suppressors. I'm really thinking about getting a 3rd one in 30 cal. I like them so much I don't even shoot any of my guns with a threaded barrel anymore unless the suppressor is on them.

With my bolt guns the blow back is a none issue.

I can't complain about accuracy with the thunderbeast either.

After putting the thunderbeast break and suppressor on my guns, most did have a POI shift up by 1-2 MOA

Here is a 5 shot group at 100 yards with my 223 wylde earlier this week. The gun is capable of better groups than this but I am not consistently good enough to shoot any better than this.
ck0-Rq-W2-RD612-Y-6-UCy-I6w.jpg

Last edited:
I'm, glad to hear yall like the Ultra 9, I hope mine gets olut of jail sooner than later. While I wait, I have gone full goon mode with the Form 1 wait times being so short. I have 2 stamps ready to go and the 3rd should be approved any day now. I'm doing titanium tubes with White Trash tactical Stepped hybrids and smooth 50's. its an expensive hobby but I've enjoyed it so far.

Bmash-- I always wondered how that BCG would play with an adjustable gas block? I kinda though it would be a little redundant (sp).

Originally Posted By: johncraddock445

Bmash-- I always wondered how that BCG would play with an adjustable gas block? I kinda though it would be a little redundant (sp).

You are correct- They are on different rifles.

I have an ultra9 and a 30p-1 that I recently got back from thunderbeast after a re-core to ultra 9 and conversion to brake attach. Thunderbeast has excellent customer service. Ultra-9 is my favorite can.
Next can will be a dominus.

Originally Posted By: RayDogGen 2 Ultras released yesterday. 2oz less weight and 2dB better suppression. Ultra 9 is now 10oz

Got that email yesterday so I guess the best just got a little better.

Back