Tell me why.... Vortex

Originally Posted By: Plant.One

you just stated my earlier premise almost perfectly - or at least better than i did - if you buy a $100 product and expect premium performance - you're only setting yourself up for regret.

but again - thats not a statement against a specific manufacturer. thats just dealing with everything in this world.

my $0.02 USD

That's exactly right. So let's keep it with the ops post on the manufacturer "Vortex".

Alright Products if you get the Viper line up... Awesome Products if you can step up to the Razor line.

A clear distinct contrast, with a deep dark line drawn in the sand between the two, not only in price, but wait for it, more importantly PERFORMANCE.

If it's me, and I buy a PST, and my job is to kill, or make shots most guys can't, or I hunt every day and the use is so repetitive your belief system relies on it, I fall back to skepticism when [beeep] goes south.
IF I buy a Razor, and my job is all of the above, when [beeep] goes south, I don't worry about it, or a warranty.

Originally Posted By: AWSI have a couple of Viper 6.5-20's while adequate, nothing to brag about. Even my Weaver 40-44 and low end Athlon have clearer images. Have no interest in anymore Vortex scopes.
I have no experience with the Weaver, but have otherwise the
same experience. Have the 6.5-20 and while a nice scope, the
clarity just isn't there. Later got a low end Athlon Talos and
the images were MUCH clearer. Then decided to order an Athlon
Argos, which is in the same price range as the Viper...WOWZER!!
Same price range, same warranty and 5X the clarity and scope!

I have a couple of crossfire and diamondback scopes and a venom red dot. No complaints with either. I have a viper on the way. I've yet to need warranty service. I'm not loyal to any scope brand, have a little of everything. Bushnell, sightron, vortex, burris, leupold, redfield, call me a scope whore i guess.

Originally Posted By: Rhett Steele Bushnell, sightron, vortex, burris, leupold, redfield, call me a scope whore i guess.

I'm the same, Leupold, NF, Vortex, USO, Revic, Bushnell, Burris, Ziess, and more than a few others that I have already sold. I like scopes... A lot.

Ive got their cheap stuff all the way up to the Razor HD Gen II line. Absolutely superb glass in the high end stuff. Better than my NF's. I think there is a lot of value in the Diamondback and Viper series. When you can get them used for a good deal or get the older Viper HS models on clearance, snag em.

I own probably 8 or so leupolds but over a dozen Vortex. Good value for the money and ive yet to have an issue

Back