Cougar Calling this year

Nice longtail. Cougar story: So other than my first big game kill in WA being a cougar (back in the hound hunting days) The only cougar I ever saw was while scouting for muzzle loading elk season with a buddy of mine. James Weaver. James knows his stuff about hunting. He is one of those guys who worries about moon phases and such. Also, James is really funny. So, I am driving my Toyota up what looks like an old two tract then turns into what looks like a skidder trail and a cougar ghosts across the trail up ahead of us. James leans over towards me and says "Paul, did you see that? that deer had the longest tail I ever saw!"

Ive been having a hard time getting motivated to hunt lately with no lion tag. But my idaho tsg becomes valid jan 1st. Less than a week left before i can hunt lions again.

Originally Posted By: rainshadow1Originally Posted By: johralOriginally Posted By: SlagiattMostly 121 and 101. After jan 1st, any open unit in the northeast, options are usually limited, as quotas are ridiculously low.

That's the truth...

I'll be hitting 117 pretty hard.

My camp spot is in 117. Haven't been there all year. Going to eventually set up a spot guys can use, kind of a hunting/fishing vrbo!

117 is still open, and with all this snow id bet not a lot of guys are going to be hitting the woods. Doubt the harvest guidelines will be met any time soon. Get on it!

Just went out Monday... Everything above the Yakima nation is still open (Goldendale, of all places, is the only area closed... makes you wonder....) Turns out, you need a snow machine to run the roads in this area! (So I'll get one!) On the peninsula I just ran chains on all 4 with my 4runner... makes a very comfortable side by side! Went in south of Rimrock and got to see some country, but no tracks.

I think WDFW is hearing us about the quotas, but that's not time to quiet down about it, Washington guys!

And....

Just posted another Non-Calling Story...

Archery kill! Encounter with a group of 3!

Story # NC3

http://rain-shadow.com/cougar_callin_stories.htm

Just a few more weeks until 2020 season starts and most of the state is still open somehow. Crazy. Ill be getting after it in ferry county april 1st.

So many guys have asked me about callers and what would be a good unit for a budget, so I thought I'd just mention that today (March 20, 2020 3:15pm) I got an email from gander outdoors saying they had a sale on the FP Banshee for something like $207. That's pretty good...

Ive been out calling a bit but no luck. Hoping my luck changes once the snow flies and a cat can be easier to spot. Havent called in a thing (thst i know of) since i got done bear hunting. Not even a coyote. Ill be calling lions in both washington and idaho this year.

Originally Posted By: SlagiattIve been out calling a bit but no luck. Hoping my luck changes once the snow flies and a cat can be easier to spot. Havent called in a thing (thst i know of) since i got done bear hunting. Not even a coyote. Ill be calling lions in both washington and idaho this year.

If you need a partner and are up in NE Washington, let me know!

Back