Thermion xp 50 issues

Borkborknomnom

my thermion xp50 just quit working... it would not charge the internal battery, would not down load video to my computer, would not accept external battery source... in addition to that it was saying the external battery was 1/2 charged but the charger was reading it to be fully charged.

I have sent it back to Pulsar to see what the issue is, they said it was not software.. it was a hardware problem. they will fix or replace it.. only issue ive had was with shipping... I dropped 5k on the scope in feb this year... and they wanted me to pay to ship it to them... from my house to texas in insured was >100$.

I called them and spoke with several managers and they agreed to give me a shipping label and said if something happened i would be covered.

So well see what happens...been a great scope until this!! anyone else had any similar issues with the thermion??? Pretty sure this one is going up for sale soon!

Typical Sellmark/Pulsar... good luck.

Same here back when I had a Pulsar Trail XP50 that had to go back, one person told me there was no coverage with a shipping label, as did the folks at UPS, and another person at Sellmark told me something different. I paid out of pocket to be SURE just in case. Didn't feel like getting into a "but he said" debate if my thermal came up missing.

Later someone at Sellmark told me they have a master coverage plan so each individual package does not need to be insured, have no idea if true but sounds legit.

They sent me a shipping label and a return approval. Just print and drop off at FedEx. Sounds like the internal battery went bad. Disadvantage to the internal systems, thermio and atn. First time I've heard of it on thermion, so prolly not common.

Back