Heads Up 25 gr Hornady HP's

tj66

Got email from Midway about sale on Hornady bullets. 17 cal 25 gr hollow point for 500 count box... $45 for 500. 9 cents ea. Time to stock up.

Thank you!!!! Free shipping today too!! Whooooo, ordered me 500 of those little boogers and a Berger reloading manual so I don't have to bother you nice folks for their data.

Waiting to hear how this new run bullets compare(on fur) to previous lots. I still have a couple thousand of "older" Hornady hp, which were typically "tougher" than other 17 bullets. Keep us posted with reviews on them.

40 years ago when I got my first .17 Remington the 25 grain hollow points from Hornady and Remington were all I could find. So that is what I shot in my gun and for the most part was OK with them. I used IMR 4320 back then. Years later when Hornady came out with their 20 and 25 grain Vmaxes I totally quit using the hollow points and bought nothing but Vmaxes after that. But I shoot ground squirrels and prairie dogs and not coyotes. Explosions and meat and entrails flying through the air is what I am looking for and that's what I get with Vmax bullets.

I shot hundreds of sleeping red fox with the Hornady hp, almost always head shot. These would split the head/fur requiring several stitches to repair/close for stretching and drying. I went to the Berger 25 gr varmint(mef) almost eliminated any repairs(head or body shots). This was when there were very few coyote, the Berger varmint IS NOT my choice for coyote. I run 29 gr WCD or another 29 gr custom hp for winter coyote(fur).

5000 of them landed on my door step this afternoon.
grin.gif

I just picked-up 500. I've been looking for 25 HP without the plastic tips. I hate those beeping plastic tips on everything.

Originally Posted By: BearI just picked-up 500. I've been looking for 25 HP without the plastic tips. I hate those beeping plastic tips on everything.

grin.gif

Back