Remington???

pyscodog

We all know now that Ruger has bought the Marlin Lever line of rifles. What about the rest? A guy in a pawn shop today told me he was buying all the 700's he could find because they aren't going to be making them any longer. Anyone know whats going on?

I read a company named Round hill group bought them with a stipulation that they keep it open . I don't know if it's true but maybe somebody will do some good with it.

Last info i saw was the first, 2nd and in some cases, 3rd bidders......so nothings final yet.....ruger got marlin, some llc named roundhill bought rem, etc.....sierra is top bidder on barnes, that huge! Etc. There was a thread with a link last week on here. Just google it...its all over the net.

Last edited:
Remington Model 700 rifles will fare about like the Winchester Model 70 rifles did when USRAC went belly up.

The right to manufacture the rifles has been sold, and IIRC, the new owner plans to use the old Ilion, NY facility to continue production. If that changes, Model 700 rifles and other Remington Arms products will be manufactured somewhere else.

The Model 700 isn't going away. But I'm sure that those who buy up all the can find because "the Model 700 IS going away" will go to their grave telling everyone how much better the old rifles were (the ones they used to think weren't worth buying...) than the newer ones made post-bankruptcy. It's called salesmanship........
laugh.gif

Just an example from my Model 70 experiences, you couldn't get me to take 5 New Haven Model 70 rifles built by union labor for one of the new Portuguese Model 70's. In spite of them being built (OMG..!!) offshore in a foreign country.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Winny FanRemington Model 700 rifles will fare about like the Winchester Model 70 rifles did when USRAC went belly up.

The right to manufacture the rifles has been sold, and IIRC, the new owner plans to use the old Ilion, NY facility to continue production. If that changes, Model 700 rifles and other Remington Arms products will be manufactured somewhere else.

The Model 700 isn't going away. But I'm sure that those who buy up all the can find because "the Model 700 IS going away" will go to their grave telling everyone how much better the old rifles were (the ones they used to think weren't worth buying...) than the newer ones made post-bankruptcy. It's called salesmanship........
laugh.gif

Just an example from my Model 70 experiences, you couldn't get me to take 5 New Haven Model 70 rifles built by union labor for one of the new Portuguese Model 70's. In spite of them being built (OMG..!!) offshore in a foreign country.
laugh.gif

True, and, unfortunately, that's the case too many times in 'Merica

It would be great if whom ever ends up with the 700 line prefers quality over quantity but in the world today, I think that's asking for a lot. But....all we can do is hope.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/09/results.../#ixzz6aUhJ6YZF
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Quote:Vista Outdoor, Inc. is the Successful Bidder of the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder (so if Vista doesn’t want it SIG gets next dibs. [ Vista is also a big player in the Firearms Space with ownership of Federal, CCI, Blazer, Independence, American Eagle, and Bushnell just to name a few Brands]

Roundhill Group, LLC is the Successful Bidder of the Non-Marlin Firearms Business and Inventory; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders [ I have no idea what firearms industry brands these guys already have, if you do, let me know]

Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. is the Successful Bidder for the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder [ These guys are a rival Ammo manufacturer that have been around since the 1940s]

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is the Successful Bidder the Assets attached to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder [ This would be an interesting acquisition for Ruger making them a player in the lever-action market]

JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands [ OK this is Big News and a big step up for the parent company of Palmetto State Armory one of the fastest going manufactures in the Industry, also these guys are true 2A folks ]

Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets. [ I never even saw this one coming however it’s awesome news for one of the truly Second Amendment Co’s on this list and also a manufacturer that thinks entirely outside of the box when it comes to innovation]

Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand. [ Lets be honest Tapco is known for the best accessories in the game however they do have a big lineup, here’s hoping these guys can upgrade the quality here ]

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIt would be great if whom ever ends up with the 700 line prefers quality over quantity but in the world today, I think that's asking for a lot. But....all we can do is hope.

No firearms maker is capable of building anything to match the skill of some internet shooters. Fact...as one poster here likes to report on occasion.

you just cant resist poking at folks in threads to try to start [beeep] can you?

[beeep] does this have to do with the topic other than to be a pr!ck because someone got your fur up at whatever point in the past?

just let it go man.

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneyou just cant resist poking at folks in threads to try to start [beeep] can you?

[beeep] does this have to do with the topic other than to be a pr!ck because someone got your fur up at whatever point in the past?

just let it go man.

Calling someone who you don't know childish names seems to come easy for you. How are you at hoping someone dies because they expose your fairy tales on certain subjects? Just curious.

Cue in Rusty with his thumbs up emoji.........
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Plant.Oneyou just cant resist poking at folks in threads to try to start [beeep] can you?

just let it go man.

thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: Plant.Oneyou just cant resist poking at folks in threads to try to start [beeep] can you?

just let it go man.

Calling someone who you don't know childish names seems to come easy for you. How are you at hoping someone dies because they expose your fairy tales on certain subjects? Just curious.

Cue in Rusty with his thumbs up emoji.........
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: Plant.Oneyou just cant resist poking at folks in threads to try to start [beeep] can you?

just let it go man.

thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey Whiney- in case you forgot I blocked you many years ago and will never unblock you. But if you want to keep trying to rile me then be my guest! I know that it irks you to no end to know that I cannot read your post so you just keep on sending them, OK? Excuse me while I laugh at you some more!!

Originally Posted By: RustydustHey Whiney- in case you forgot I blocked you many years ago and will never unblock you. But if you want to keep trying to rile me then be my guest! I know that it irks you to no end to know that I cannot read your post so you just keep on sending them, OK? Excuse me while I laugh at you some more!!

Ya..... Right on about the "I cannot read your post..."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I could care less whether you have an overwhelming obscession to jump in with your thumbs up emojis or not. In total it actually amuses me when you do... It simply indicates that the butt rash that you got a few years back hasn't cleared up yet.

In addition to the butt rash you got there, are you still gagging on tomato juice like you did in your fairy tale AR ammunition CONARC approval protocol thread a few years back? You remember the one...where you informed the world that exploding tomato juice cans played a major role in adopting the 55 grain FMJ bullet as standard just before you wished online for my death on a commercial airline full of people...

It speaks volumes about you, dude.

I could never believe that tomato juice was shot to prove anything.

Tomato paste I can believe.

Who knows what has been shot by some outfit some where some time.

Who could possibly know for sure without a doubt about anything.The world is a big place with lots of people.Somebody sometime somewhere has done everything the human mind can come up with at least once I would think.

As far as what somebody says,if I went to he)) every time I have been told to that's all I would get done.

Originally Posted By: tnshootistI could never believe that tomato juice was shot to prove anything.

They were demonstrating hydrostatic shot by shooting at large cans of tomato juice. They were using 7.62 and either 5.56 or .223 ammo. The faster .22 caliber rounds were making more of an eruption of the cans than the bigger slower moving .30 cal rounds were. Whoever was putting on the demonstration was trying to impress some big wigs that the smaller bullets were better for a battle round than the 7.62 was. Might be part of the reason the 5.56 has been our main rifle round for the last 55 years. Who knows?

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: tnshootistI could never believe that tomato juice was shot to prove anything.

They were demonstrating hydrostatic shot by shooting at large cans of tomato juice. They were using 7.62 and either 5.56 or .223 ammo. The faster .22 caliber rounds were making more of an eruption of the cans than the bigger slower moving .30 cal rounds were. Whoever was putting on the demonstration was trying to impress some big wigs that the smaller bullets were better for a battle round than the 7.62 was. Might be part of the reason the 5.56 has been our main rifle round for the last 55 years. Who knows?

As I stated at the time of Rusty's claim a few years back, on a July 4th event where General Curtis Lemay was in attendance, a group of Armalite sales folks shot watermelons with their new and yet unaccepted rifle and ammunition that was to be presented to CONARC for consideration. General Lemay was allowed to shoot the rifles. He was interested in replacing the M-14 rifle for guard duty for the Air Force, so he was being "sold".... Afterward, Lemay did offer his assessment of the light weight rifle with the capability to carry additional ammunition versus the M14. That is what CONARc was all about long before Lemay got involved. In fact, his early request for rifles was turned down by the Defense Department initially before the rifle and ammunition combination had been adopted for all military branches later on.

CONARC (Continental Army Command) had a list of military requirements for any potential new rifle and ammunition to be chosen. Along with specified muzzle energy and velocity, number of rounds carried effectively, were other well-defined specs. The one CONARC requirement/spec that the resulting 55 grain FMJ bullet Ball M193 ammunition that was provided for testing was able to accomplish versus all other ammunition/rifle candidates was to penetrate one side of a WWII steel helmet at 800 meters. That one thing, more so than any other common requirement, helped to seal its adoption. A steel helmet if far tougher than a tomato juice can.
laugh.gif

When I posted this information, Rusty exploded over the fact that I was not buying his tomato juice claim, and with help from "Ain't that right, Bill?", they decided online that with me being on a commercial airline that day from Dallas to Seattle, as I had stated I was going to be, that the best thing that could happen would be if the plane crashed, along with the other approximate 200 people on board that same plane.

I didn't get this M193 information from the internet. I was well aware of the CONARC military requirements for ammunition options being offered, and at the time that Rusty melted down, actually a day or two later, I spoke with an old military friend/acquaintance who was actually associated with CONARC during the M-16 selection process who laughed at the comment Rusty made concerning how the standard ammunition for military use was chosen. Unfortunately, the gentleman passed away in late 2019.

Since the time that Rusty posted his initial claim of the tomato juice can connection, he has apparently had a bad case of butt rash and stomach problems over the issue that he soothes with his thumbs-up emojis whenever he sees an opening...
laugh.gif

Back