Form 1 suppressor

mbower

Wanting to get a suppressor for this season so I'm going to try and do a form 1. I'm looking for a titanium kit that will be easy to complete. It will be for 223/556 only. Do you guys have any recommendations on any? It would be great if there was someone in or close to Nebraska that could give me some guidance.

Thanks, Mike

I won’t tell anyone to do anything but I will just tell a story from experience. My buddy got a suppressor kit and put it on his 308 it was rated for 308 and he blew that thing right off the end of his barrel in no time I will personally stick to manufactured suppressors.

There are several good form 1 kits available. Stay away from all of the mono core junk. Join form1suppressor.boards.net These guys are a wealth of info... they also have a form 1 vendor list that comes in handy

ive got a form 1 built on an early SDTA solvent trap components.

if i could go back and do it again - well i probably will build another in the future, but i digress - i'd probably go with one of the diversified machine components. their machining looks a bit nicer, although SDTA has gotten cleaner over time and offers better stuff these days.

i was able to complete mine with a basic home grade drill press. nothing fancy.

as for blowing it off the end of your gun... you have to maintain concentricity or that will happen. thats not likely the fault of the kit - thats mostly a fail by the end user. theres plenty of tools out there to help you make that happen without having to take out a second mortgage.

and you can just as easily blow a commercial can off the end of your barrel from a half of dozen issues just like you could with a form 1.

dont hesitate to give it a go!

You certainly can. I know another person you has launched a commercial can. All we could see from this one was the threads were so fine they were stripped off the tube from the adapter that threads to the barrel. I’m no engineer just what I saw happen. It make no difference to me what people decide. I’m sure there are many well made solvent traps. But in my friends case he has a 200 dollar can and a 200 dollar tax stamp that is now worthless. No warranty for his setup. Just what I’ve experienced. Not bashing. Shoot straight!

Last edited:
Back