Labradar-A love/hate relationship

K22

The Labradar is a fantastic chronograph and one we use at the shop all the time. Accuracy and its ability to catch every round fired is phenomenal, but it does have a down side. The max velocity it will read is somewhere above 3900 fps..........and I might add slightly above.
We tried testing some of my 17 Rem. loads with zero readings except for a 30gr. load. That load ran an average of 3845fps, but it would not read any of the 25gr. loads I use.
I don't think I am curious enough how fast the 25's are running unless I can find a chronograph cheap and even then I doubt if I would be tempted.

So the mystery continues.
grin.gif

Last edited:
I love my labradar, your right though, I have several cartridges that exceed 3900fps and have to dig out my old skyscreen crono and hope it will catch at least 3 for 5 shots to get a good average.
My buddy uses a magneto but I've worried about something hanging off my barrel disturbing accuracy. He claims he doesn't see a difference though.

Originally Posted By: Outlawkyotte
My buddy uses a magneto but I've worried about something hanging off my barrel disturbing accuracy. He claims he doesn't see a difference though.

We use a Mag and love it I have a 6mm that reaches 4200 fps and it reads it fine even with all copper bullets.
Don't use it for accuracy just use it nto check speed.

Back