The Stoeger is ready to go!

jetman

YUP
after a bit of mishandling on my Sporting good store I have the shotgun (M3500) steady grip, choke tube, and floating case, all under a $1000.
I have been out shooting it a little, When I added the new stock I put in the factory recoil weight, it and the pistol grip helped with the recoil a lot. I see a limb saver in my future too.
I have yet to get it on paper, but it seams to be very tight and mostly where I'm pointing. 50 yards and past I have to point a little high to center the pattern.
I have in a Caralsons Cremator extended ported choke tube.(670 I think) I reload and for coyotes, I use 1/5/8 oz in the 3 1/2" and 1 1/2 oz in 3" hull, Lead "F", 22 caliber, shot at 1400 fps. In my 870 it will punch through a winter fur coyote at 70 yards.
I also will use it on swan, and geese with reload Duplex load of#2xBB, 1 1/4 oz 3" 1500 fps and 3 1/2 1/12 oz at 1350.
I was afraid it was a little long in the pull but now that I have been working with I will be OK.
steoger-s.jpg

With the 870 next to it.
stoeger-y.jpg

I have used the 870 and pistol grip for years on birds and find it very comfortable to sholder and shoot on the wing.

I hope the M3500 works as well.
I may try some sharptail this weekend and see.
AND yes I'll drop down to a Modified choke and a 1 3/8 load of #6X#2 lead load.

Last edited:
I have some Limbsaver classic recoil pads that do a nice job with recoil. They do add some length though if you are already borderline on your length of pull. It put my SBE borderline too long for me especially when cold and you have to bundle up or quick shooting at an odd angle. They are also a bit softer and cad grab/snag while shouldering with the maxed out length of pull.

Back