Hogster 35 on a bolt action rifle.

cropdude

I am looking into a Hogster 35, I would like to mount it on a bolt action rifle. How do they fit? Comfortable to use? IN comparison to an AR?

Thanks

It totally depends on the bolt gun and cheek weld. I would look for a picatinny rail option for your model of gun that is not a riser if possible. It should bolt directly to the gun. Get a rail that will extend the scope as far back as possible.

If you can't get a rail that goes far enough back, the other option is to use a riser that will extend it back and get some type of cheek pad for your stock to raise the cheek position.

It really comes down to your bolt gun and your stock. I already mentioned 2 options above that can work. In addition, if you really want a Hogster and want it further back, another option is to special order a Hogster with the following mount. It is a mount that Bering using on some of their NV scopes. There is no additional cost to it, but it will have to be special ordered like this.

hogster_bolt.jpg

The other thing to mention is the Pulsar Thermion line is built like a traditional glass scope, so it would work well on a bolt gun.

Back