Now the wait begins

it sure seems to be a crap shoot as to how long anyone has to wait for approval. My most recent took 6 months, but according to all the posts on here about it taking longer and my gun shop telling me that I won the lotto for a "quick" turn around, just leaves everyone to wonder and have no idea how long the wait will be. No rhyme of reason to quick or slow it seems.

Put my first one in August 24th .30 cal deadair Nomad 30
Went back today and added two more. .22 deadair mask and a .45 Rugged Obsidian
This waiting really sucks!!!!

Just picked up my most recent can purchase. 7 months and 3 weeks wait for me.my buddy bought two from different dealer exactly one month before I purchased mine and has not heard back yet.

I bought a AAC 7.62 SD in early July from a kiosk. Silencer shop didn't send my check till 9/14 and it cashed 9/22. Almost two month wait before they even sent my money. My buddies check cashed 5/13 and he got it three weeks ago.

I stopped by the gun shop Friday just see what was going on, and what they might have, and asked if he had gotten any stamps in lately. He said the last one (the day before) was right at 6 months.

Originally Posted By: MPFDI bought a AAC 7.62 SD in early July from a kiosk. Silencer shop didn't send my check till 9/14 and it cashed 9/22. Almost two month wait before they even sent my money.

Pretty ridiculous to have that extra wait time. Pretty poor business on their part. Thought the kiosk was supposed to be the 'hassle free' way to go?

I just bought my first one Thursday. It is now pending approval from BTAF.
The guy told me that he has seen one come back in 3 months, and he has one that has been "pending" for 23 months.
He did say that a lot of suppressors are pretty much sold out right now so apparently a lot of people are going to be waiting for a while, maybe longer than usual due to volume.
I don't know what will happen if Biden issues an executive order banning them before mine is approved. It was a lot of money to put down up front with the hope that I can actually take possession of it.

Originally Posted By: R. TokerI bought a Banish 30 through Silencer Central. Submitted in September as well. The wait sucks!!

You will love the Banish 30, it is worth the wait!

It will mainly be on a 6.5 Grendel upper I have but I like the fact I can put it on anything .17-.30. Can’t wait to get the call that I’m approved!!

purchased from Silencer Central on 9-1 and ATF had it on 10-4 and as of 1-20-21 ATF says it is pending meaning she said in a pile waiting to be processed to someone to check out and that the average is 7 months so maybe in April she said id Biden does not put a stop on them

Just got the call my tax stamps are in! Will go by and pick them up today.

Mailed in Sept 24, cashed check 10/4. Total time= 173 days or little over 5 1/2 months.

Back