any input on the Primos Trigger Sticks gen 3?

I've got the tall bi-pod and love it for deer hunting. A friend has the tri-pod and it works great for spot and stalk deer hunting. We both run into the same problem while coyote hunting, It's too tall!
Other than that it's great!

I use the gen 3 sticks for coyote hunting and deer hunting. Holds up a bull barrel 308 ar10 with a can no problem. The legs spread out so you can sit in the ground as well. I like em

Originally Posted By: YellowhammerI have some but prefer my Bog pod tripod.

why, stability? weight? flexibility? Cost? I was looking at a Kopfjager Slik Tripod & Reaper Grip prior to seeing these

Depends on the use. Need more info on intended use to give an answer. The short is great for getting my electronic call off the ground. For on the move hunting, nothing sets up quicker on uneven ground. For a set up position,hunting, get a real tripod. The handle on the Gen 3 Trigger has too much flex to work well. The Gen 2 was better (less flex).

Really like mine. Sometimes when a yote has me moving I can fold them up to move fast and quite and just use them as a mono stick. Not as sturdy but better than no rest at all. I use mine mostly for sitting.

My son really likes his- that said. On the off chance you have a mishap like, say you are starting a moose hunt (opening day, first ride out on the Argo) and your pants pocket catches the trigger and explodes it into 20 pieces.
I suggest keeping a roll of electricians tape handy. It still works. Used it the whole hunt this way.
(I prefer the Bog pod cuz its less prone to my dumb [beeep] breaking it)

W6Gll4Y.png

G1YD0Pm.png

KitnaW0.jpg

Back