Christensen Arms Mesa Rifles. How accurate??

Does anyone have any experience with the Christensen Arms Mesa rifles. Those are the model with the regular steel barrels, not the carbon wrapped barrels. I am thinking of getting one in 6.5 PRC (mainly for long range deer hunting but the yotes will get a taste of it eventually too). C.A. has an MOA guarantee for that model but I just wanted to see if any of you can give me your experiences (good or bad) before I make my final decision. Thank you.

My son had a Mesa in 300 Win Mag. Factory loads shot less than 3/4 inch at 100 yds. Someone made him a rediculous offer so he sold it and plans to buy the Ridgeline.
Just today I shot my new Ridgeline 300 Win Mag for the first time and did the factory recommended barrel break in. With factory Sig 190 gr OTM shots #6-9 went into 0.27" and I got one 3 shot group that measured 0.17". I'm pleased to say the least. As I understand it the barrel is the only difference between the Ridgeline and Mesa. I think you'll be happy. Good luck.
Bobby

A friend of mine has the carbon wrapped barrel one in 6.5x284 and he uses the Hornady 143 ELD X bullets and it easily shoots under 5/8 inch. It is his favorite rifle to hunt with.
Tarey

I bought one back in March in 300 win mag. It’s one of the best shooting guns I have. Shoots factory ammo really good. Usually .25 moa. With the cheap stuff at 100yrds. Gun has hardly any kick and is a head turner. Can’t go wrong with it. I’m extremely happy with the gun and it can perform way better than I’m able to perform.

I’d like to push this topic back to the top since the original post and inquiry has been awhile. Any new first hand experiences with the Christensen Arms Mesa? I’m considering a .308 Mesa. Thanks.

The two I have been around were both mediocre just under an inch. Buddy bought one 7mm-08 wouldnt shoot sent it back and they replaced the barrel. Now it shoots just under an inch with their test loads and hand loads. Talked to another guy at the range had been trying to work up a load for a few months couldn't do any better than just under an inch 7 mag was talking about selling it and just using his old reliable remington. For the price the don't seem very consistent but I haven't been around many.

I watched a guy on yt shooting a mesa, from a sled. Before he finished the 3 shot group, I thought group will be vertical shaped. You could see the difference shot to shot in the barrel whip. Shooting groups the rifle has to recoil straight back as possible. That rifle was just under 1", but I think just switching to good bags would half the group size.

Back