35 whelen

Haven’t tried 760 powder but went to the range with my limited run 7600 carbine a couple months ago. Best load came with H322 and a 180 grain Speer Hot core.

dgSYcsg.jpg

Last edited:
Have had good success with 760 powder in 30-06 with heavier bullets of 180gr +. Also, my 22-250 with fast twist loves 760 for the heavy bullets of 68gr+

I went out last week to zero on my above load for deer season. That triangle I shot into the above target wasn’t the one I was aiming for. My Nikon 2.5x10 40mm pro staff five horizontal adjustments decided to let loose. I zeroed my rifle at 50 yards and then took it out to 100 yards and it shot 3” right . I clicked it 8 times to the left and it shot a foot left and 4” high. The next shot almost touched the other. I took it back to 50 yards and it shot 6” to the right with the very next shot! I moved it 16 clicks left. My next shot touched the first. I moved it 16 more clicks left. I shot again and I was off the 2’ square target at 50 yards. I called it a day and removed the optic and called Nikon to send it in for repair. The optic never moved as I had it glued in the rings with 3M 77 adhesive. It took some force to brake it free out of the rings. The mounts are blue loc tighted abs never moved as well. That gun and optic has only had 40 or so rounds through it so far. The gun went back to Remington because the gun wouldn’t feed factory ammo. It’s feed ramp looked like they cut it with a chainsaw. Now the scope takes a dump. Looks like it’s not going hunting again for the third season in a row. Good thing I have quite a few deer rifles to choose for back up. Nikon emailed me to say they “had it on the bench” for repair yesterday. I called to make sure they actually repair it or replace it. The last time I had one drop vertically several times and sent it in for repairs I waited a month to get the scope back in repaired and was told nothing was wrong with it. I did what I should have done in the first place I bought another from Cabelas where I got in the first place and returned the defective one. Only took 4 days to get a new one from cabelas and it’s been working perfectly on the exact same gun and scope ring setup ever since.

Last edited:
Back