This product cleans better than JB........

Thanks, Keith. My JB's getting low, will order a bottle.

I seldom use the abrasives, probably due to the fact that, other than range sessions/load development, I normally clean after every outing and average round count is between 1-5. TA handles even the 20 or so rounds fired at range satisfactorily, but occasionally bore scope calls for an abrasive. THFGBS (Thank heavens for good bore scopes.)
smile.gif

Regards,
Clarence

You might like Flitz better than JB, but Flitz isn't as abrasive as JB. I look at Flitz as more of a polisher than cleaner compared to JB.

Probably work like the other top end motor stuff - I used to use the Mopar spray can stuff myself. I don't think it would work any better than C4, but probably about as well, maybe? For real carbon fouling I don't mess around with chemicals anymore, I go straight to the mechanical/abrasives.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAProbably work like the other top end motor stuff - I used to use the Mopar spray can stuff myself. I don't think it would work any better than C4, but probably about as well, maybe? For real carbon fouling I don't mess around with chemicals anymore, I go straight to the mechanical/abrasives.

- DAA

+1

Cleaning after every range sesson where 15-30 rounds has been fired is one thing. Cleaning after 60-150 round, well...there is another can of worms, especially with Varget, R#15, 4895's, and some of the other real hot burning powders.

I'm sorry I was thinking about the Slip 2000 carbon killer and the Bore Tech carbon killer. I should have been specific and said what I was thinking. Brain Fart

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEMerc engine cleaner?

This stuff goes straight to your kidney walls, be careful in using it. Few products are as caustic as this stuff, but it surely works well.

Last edited:
Its one thing to read about carbon removal and another thing to have a bad case of vitrified carbon in your barrel you need to remove. I was in Wyoming on a 100 degree day with intense sun and let a couple hundred rounds rip out of the 243 pretty quickly using H100v. Then I got busy on a couple other things and it was about a month before I got around to cleaning the barrel. Boy did I get a new education with carbon.

Back