Looking for 38-40 ammo

shermanrm

A friend needs some ammo for gun that was given to him.
I have looked and looked.
Any ideas?
If I have to I will buy the things I need to reload, but 1 box of ammo would last him a long time.
Thanks

Black Hills makes it, but it is all out of stock. I even looked up Buffalo Arms and they are out.

Any cowboy shoots around your area? It usually runs around $40 a box, which is not cheap either!

Good luck !

I don't care to much about price. If I have to reload it's going to 250 pieces of brass and bullets if they are still available tomorrow. Plus dies. I owe this guy a lot but he will never shoot that many. One box would make my day.

Also do a wanted to buy in the classifieds if you haven’t done it yet. You will get allot of people looking and may have some luck.

Originally Posted By: shermanrmA friend needs some ammo for gun that was given to him.
I have looked and looked.
Any ideas?
If I have to I will buy the things I need to reload, but 1 box of ammo would last him a long time.
Thanks

Go to singleactions.proboards.com. Scroll down to reloading section ask there. Several folks shoot em.
Another place not as productive is the Ruger forum.com

Forgot to add,,, ask for brass and possibly bullets. Never shoot another persons handloads !

Last edited:
Back