Junky Tikka's

pyscodog

I recently bought a T3X Compact in 223 with the 8 twist 20" barrel. My newest/best load is with Shooters World Match and a 62 grain Nosler Varmageddon. My best 5 shot group at 100yds was a .481 and 4 of them was a .187. Dang flyers ruin a group every time. I think this Tikka is ready to hunt. Got to love those Tikka's.

Looks like it easily makes the "3-shot sub-MOA accuracy guarantee right out of the box".
Bet its fun to shoot too == much mo reloading in your future.

Tikka is one brand that I have never owned. No reason other than just never bought one. If some kind of hole opens up in my gun safe someday it very well may get filled by a Tikka of some sort.

Originally Posted By: BooneDawgTikka is the lower end brand from Sako?

Yes it is, but they are top notch rifles long known for their accuracy dating back long before the T-3 rifles. I currently have 4 of them and they are all great shooters without some of the frills of a higher priced Sako.

One example of the lesser frills is the nylon type trigger guard that comes on a Tikka versus the Sako metal trigger guard. But it is a very tough and durable nylon, and it is very functional as are the rifles in total.

Originally Posted By: RustydustTikka is one brand that I have never owned. No reason other than just never bought one. If some kind of hole opens up in my gun safe someday it very well may get filled by a Tikka of some sort.

RD, I can help you out with that problem. You just go ahead and send me as many as you need to create a hole for one of them there new Tikka's and I'll put them in my safe and as I've told you before I'll even pay for the shipping and FFL transfers.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: RustydustTikka is one brand that I have never owned. No reason other than just never bought one. If some kind of hole opens up in my gun safe someday it very well may get filled by a Tikka of some sort.

RD, I can help you out with that problem. You just go ahead and send me as many as you need to create a hole for one of them there new Tikka's and I'll put them in my safe and as I've told you before I'll even pay for the shipping and FFL transfers.
thumbup.gif

Aint you swell, Bryan? Yes you is! How do I nominate someone for a Nobel Prize? Anyone know? You be a sure weiner! Uh...winner. I mean winner.

Got nothing I'm hankering for and nothing to sell. Spent a nice day yesterday at the range poking holes in paper with our .221 Fireballs, a .20 Practical, a .204, and a .223 AI. Then tossed out a few handfuls of old golf balls and tried to put them in orbit with out .22 handguns. Fun that is.

Funny how when I bought that safe 20 years ago I wondered if I would ever fill it up. Now I just wish that I would have bought a lot bigger one. Meh. Dont matter. Would have just filled it up by now too.

I've been packing around junk for decades and the coyotes don't like it.
I also remember well getting kicked around and brow beat for buying Tikka's, mostly by the Rem crowd, well we've seen how that turned out.
Tikka's were available new back then for around $350 and they had plastic!
A real serious point of contention, What was odd is I can't recall any such grumbling when Rem had plastic on some of the most popular models in the 60's, 70's, 80's or Glock's.
Plastic is now mainstream for firearms or you can still buy metal and wood. Having both the benefits are noticeable each way.
At this point it looks like Tikka will be a companion for life.

I have had a few Tikka's in the past and knew their reputation as good shooters so that wasn't a problem buying one. My problem was this rifle is a compact model and it was to short (LOP) for me. I didn't want to buy the rifle then have to buy a stock as well. A little research told me the rifle should come with a spacer to lengthen the stock but the guys at the store didn't know if it did or not. When I finally got them to take the time to find the box, it did have a spacer and another recoil pad as well. That sealed the deal and I purchased the rifle. This rifle was one of the easiest rifles I've had to find a load it liked. Next was my Savage High Country. It shot bug holes the first trip out....and still does. My biggest problem with the Tikka right now is I don't like the scope I have on it and can't decide what to replace it with but that's not Tikka's fault.

As Boonedawg said --my Tikka s a Sako Forester-243 and a good shooter. Shots better than me.
Bought it back in 1967 or so but it still only has 350-400 down the tube.
It really shot those old Nosler Zipedos-75 gr like a house a fire. Wish I had a few hundred more. Any offerings, they were dcd by Nosler in the early 70s.

I have been thinking for a while now about buying a Tikka T3x in 243 Win.

I have a good friend who shoots them and he tells me all the time how it is the most accurate out of the box, off the shelf rifle he has ever owned. And, the price point on them is hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: WyoBullI have been thinking for a while now about buying a Tikka T3x in 243 Win.

I have a good friend who shoots them and he tells me all the time how it is the most accurate out of the box, off the shelf rifle he has ever owned. And, the price point on them is hard to beat.

You won't regret spending the money. I like Sako rifles - old and new - top of the line down to the A7 - but a
Tikka is the best dollar for dollar value that you can get from Finland.

Just a clarification, I wasn't "knocking" Tikka, I just wanted clarification they were from the same family. Look like really nice firearms.

Originally Posted By: BooneDawgJust a clarification, I wasn't "knocking" Tikka, I just wanted clarification they were from the same family. Look like really nice firearms.

Not sure about others, but I for one never thought that you were knocking them......

There are other numerous subtle differences between a Tikka and a Sako such as action length choices, scope mounting options, action port lengths, recoil lugs, and a few other things, but supposedly they both use the same quality of barrels which maybe links them accuracy wise.

Just an fyi - The original company that the modern day Tikka spun off from is even older than the original Sako company.

https://www.tikka.fi/sako-history

Originally Posted By: 22 ChuckAs Boonedawg said --my Tikka s a Sako Forester-243 and a good shooter. Shots better than me.
Bought it back in 1967 or so but it still only has 350-400 down the tube.
It really shot those old Nosler Zipedos-75 gr like a house a fire. Wish I had a few hundred more. Any offerings, they were dcd by Nosler in the early 70s.
One of my old 243's loved those old Zipedos! Great medicine for deer. I also wish I had some.

Last edited:
Back