Smokey calling

tripod3

Went out as the breeze reduced the smoke a little.
First stand felt confident and not long a coyote came into the large bowl, moving my way through the ryegrass.
Then behind to my left I here a abrupt crash and streak, It was the ranchers pyranese hot after the coyote. He must have been behind me watching. So much for that set.
Second set called about 15 min when a bunch of bulls moved in with too much interest. I had been warned about close proximity to them.
As I'm starting to get nervous looking around I see a coyote skirt a bull across the water. Pow-time to leave.
Going around the water, I see a bull checking out the coyote carcass. waiting for him to move off I got a distant picture as another bull was making a straight line for me so I departed.
On to the third stand, when I swatted an irritating bug and catch a glimpse of a coyote leaving!
Warm weather calling has it's pluses and minuses.

[img:center][/img]

[img:center]
Resized-20200917-112815x600.jpg

[img:center][url=https://imgbb.com/ t=_blank]
have a good images[/img]

Yes ready for change too, the sun when visible has been a perfectly round orange, today the first day in a while it glared back.
Selfishly I don't mind sharing a little smoke across the country.
Most crops are done here and as you can imagine when you cut 5000 acres to the ground the critters feel naked and even a rock or a ditch looks good.

Quote:Then behind to my left I here a abrupt crash and streak, It was the ranchers pyranese hot after the coyote. He must have been behind me watching. So much for that set.

Now you've gone and done it, Mark. You've educated that pyranese; now he'll come to the call expecting you to make his job easier.
lol.gif

Nice country you're hunting; good to see you getting out again.

Regards,
Clarence

Tripod,
I know what you mean when calling near bulls & his cows. We (bro & I) had an angus bull get more & more agitated by our presence about 50 yds away. When I saw him pawing the ground I figured it was time to hotfoot it back to the rig before even turning on the call. We made it out OK but the level of anxiety and rage the bull displayed was impressive.

Back