Rechargeable cr123a

Awhile back Kirsch posted some that he used.

I bought some, they work well.
It was a set of 8 lithium-ion batts and a charger and very reasonably priced on amazon.
The band name on the batteries is “ Feirsh”.

I have noticed a very slow decline in the runtime they last but they have been changed and drained prolly 60 times already.
I have zero real complaints about them.

I’ll be buying another set for this season if still available

I run them in both my thermals. I have Energitech and Tenergy. I am happy with both. I do not mix and match them. I put all the same it each Thermal. Not any problems so far.

There are lots of RCR123a's (16340) available, most use Chinese cells.

I bought 2 Elusive Wildlife branded batteries a couple of years ago and both died in year 2 of use.

The last that I bought are Orbtronic brand and they are made in Japan. One note of caution on the Orbtronic is that they are just slightly longer than a standard CR123a so if you stack them they might be too long to fit in your device. I know from first hand experience that they will not fit in a FLIR Scion because of the extra length.

I also like KeepPower brand batteries and they do sell a RCR123a but they do not disclose in the description where they are made.

I have been using 18650, 16650, and 16340 for years now and in my experience you get better life and performance with Japanese cells than with Chinese cells.

Last edited:
Back