Holster 35 Reticles

Powerstroke99

I searched but didn’t find this topic. Also, I just received my Hogster so I still have a lot to learn.

My first time looking through the thermal, I selected a red reticle and i think both the horizontal and vertical lines were red as expected. During sight in, I noticed that the vertical lines weren’t red, but thin black. Did I change a setting some how that caused this, or is it normal?

I did have an issue where the Hogster went into standby mode a couple of times after firing a round, but I realized I didn’t properly latch the Battery cover....the front side of the cover latched but not the back. My fault, not the Hogster’s. Could this mistake have caused this issue.

I’m really pleased with this thermal and looking forward to getting more familiar with its operation.

Thanks

The battery cover I have done that also a few times when first received mine.. As for cross hair mine stayed red..Is there a chance you was in the sight in mode when this happened..(I read again and you was)I recall this on mine also..But when I exited and saved the settings mine has stayed the color and style I chose...Dan

Last edited:
The battery cover not being tight would typically cause the scope to shut off, not go into standby. If it looses connection, it will turn off. You can always use an external pack as well which will help if you are having battery door connection problems.

On the Hogster 35 and 25, it is simply the last button puts it in standby, so it is really easy to do even by accident. On the SH, it takes a push of the last two buttons at the same time to go into standby so it doesn't happen by accident as easily.

The battery door is not a problem..Just not pushing it in all the way till one hears or feels the click..And it actually doesn't take any effort or force at all..Just look at it and make sure the door is flush with the body. The battery pack is nice and last a really long time. Dan

Last edited:
Back