Savage 110 Predator 22-250. Any experience?

case-nh

Looking for anyone that has one or experience with one as am thinking of purchasing one. It has many features and am wondering about accuracy of it. Do not hand load rifle so it would be factory loads. Thanks. PS Not the apex model.

Last edited:
I have the older 10 without the threaded barrel. Its very accurate even with factory rounds.
It is kinda heavy though. I don't understand why they made it heavy. Some predator hunter helped design it. I can't remember who but he must be a good sized guy or not have to walk much.
For a calling rifle I would've liked it a little lighter, besides that I like it. Keep in mind I can't remember if the new 110 has the same profile barrel so it may be lighter.

I have a 110 High Country. Its a Creedmoor so kind of apples and oranges but it shoots very good. I can't imagine one in 22-250 wouldn't also shoot good. Seems all the newer Savages are out of the box shooters. Like was already said, they are a little on the heavy side but they do shoot good.

A fishing/shooting buddy has one. He has had it for one pd trip, mostly shot the white box Winchester, inside 250 yards was almost automatic. When I called distance and hold for him sometimes a second shot out to 350. Rifle was completely stock, think he had a 4-16 Vortex in some Scheels rings and base.

I have one in 243, they are known to be very accurate for factory rifles. Slightly heavier magnum type barrel contour and fluted, quite a bit lighter than a varmint barrel.

I have the Savage 10 Predator Hunter Max-1 in 22-250 and I love it. As mentioned, it is heavy, but it is a very accurate rifle. Mine was boresighted by me, then we went out and I shot 1 round at 50 yards to make sure it was on paper. Made a small scope adjustment, and my buddies 16 y/o son put the next 3 rounds into

I had a 10 in .22-250 but I spun off the barrel and made a custom .308 out of it. I think the twist rate was 1 in 14"? Something to consider if you want to shoot heavier bullets, the Ruger Predator .22-250 has a 1 in 10" twist.

I bought one recently and am very happy, it shoots the factory Sierra Prairie Enemy 50 grain in under a half inch and my 68 grain hand loads just over half inch. I use a suppressor on mine.

Good luck!

I have a Savage 110 Predator in 22-250. Shot it for the first time yesterday at the range. Was getting right at MOA with factory loads. The action was a little stiff and the clip needed to be seated back-end first or it would not pick up the next round. Yes, they are heavy, but overall was pleased with the results.

Back