Small Rifle Primer costs going up

pyscodog

I know there's a crunch on Small primers right now. Some say they are all gone. I went to a LGS today and he had several bricks on the shelf. Federal 210M small primers-$79.95 plus tax. WOW! Supply and demand I guess. Sure glad I have some right now.

I sure hate to see it but I guess its coming. Probably see them at the gun shows for $100 or more.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogI sure hate to see it but I guess its coming. Probably see them at the gun shows for $100 or more.

A friend just sent me a local ad where the AH is trying to sell CCI primers for $100 a brick. Small rifle or small pistol your choice.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanScalpers taking advantage of panic buyers......take a pill, don't panic!

I have enough SR primers to last me a long time. Just crapped myself when I saw the price.

People pay inflated prices only make it worse.

Seems many forget this seems to happen every few years.........

lucked out and buddy of mine found a brick of cci 350's for my cousin for $38 (normal shelf price for that location) a week ago.

he also found a box of 450's for himself as well, same price.

just goes to show that there are still company's out there who arent gouging.

and i know this place, they're never the cheapeast, but they buy bulk and stack their shelves deep and dont do online for reloading stuff. even during the bad old days of post-sandy hook they had the best selection in the state as far as i was aware.

its a few hour drive for me to go there, but almost always worth the trip.

Originally Posted By: Rhett SteeleCheck out the primer prices on GunBroker. Small pistol and rifle are going over $100/1k.

Are they actually selling for that price though? I wouldn't pay it.

I just looked on GB. CCI 450's, 5000 count, $505 starting bid and a brick of CCI #41's starting bit $170. I'll find a "Plan B" before I pay that kind of a price.

I'll will just put my 223 and 17 fireball in the back of the safe shoot coyotes with my 22-250 instead of paying those price gouging prices.

I use quite a few of CCI LR. Got them for $37. No small rifle to be found or at least the two shops I went to today. I have several thousand 210M'S and 7 1/2's but could use CCI 400's if I see them. If not, I'll just work around them with the ones I have plenty of.

Word from our supplies wholesaler is that many manufacturers, such as Winchester, are holding back primers for use in their own ammunition lines. With ammunition prices skyrocketing it makes sense that they would try to capitalize on the profits. We often want to attribute noble sentiments to gun related manufacturers but they are just businesses like any other, and they are in the business to make money. I have seen loaded ammunition prices passing the $1 per round for 9mm, 40 SW, 45 SCP, etc. and rifle ammunition like 223 well over $1 per round. So I am not surprised to see primer prices rising. I have seen an increase at the wholesaler level on primers and powder. While it is not as bad as what we are seeing in the private market, it is still a bothersome trend.

We have gotten word that the companies still manufacturing and selling primers are backed up to almost 6 months out. Of course, that is not taking into account a possible Biden win.

It really is the simple law of supply and demand. Those who have the supply can demand the money.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMo Of course, that is not taking into account a possible Biden win.

My eyes, my eyes, my eyes!!

Next time could you please apply a *Warning reading this could burn you eyes!* label to this before you post it.
scared.gif

I bought some Remington 9 1/2 the other day for $5 per hundred. I bought 300 figuring it will get me by with one of my pet loads till the election is over and prices get back to normal.

Last edited:
Back