Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3252505 - 09/16/20 12:16 PM Re: Do you concentrate on the target or the crosshair? [Re: tpcollins]
Jim Byers Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Montana
For me, I'm focused on the spot I want to hit.. the cross hairs seem to just find it.. aiming is more sub conscious I think...

#3252520 - 09/16/20 02:56 PM Re: Do you concentrate on the target or the crosshair? [Re: Jim Byers]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Originally Posted By: Jim Byers
For me, I'm focused on the spot I want to hit.. the cross hairs seem to just find it.. aiming is more sub conscious I think...

Lots of good tips in this thread.

Jason and others have pointed out the importance of practice and dry firing. David Tubb takes it one step farther in his book, Highpower Rifle By G. David Tubb, recommending "visualization".

Visualization does not even involve the use of a firearm. Before you dismiss it, try it; precision shooting is 99% mental, IMO. Sitting at your desk or in your chair during some down time, simply "visualize what it takes to make a perfect shot". In David's case this was in regards to bullseye targets, but the same can be done on coyotes (or other game). It works on bullseye, helped me make the cut to high master. I have applied visualization to predators when watching the many predator hunting videos, and I believe it is even more effective in that, as Jim stated, " the cross hairs seem to just find it.. aiming is more sub conscious I think..." as Jim points out above.

The moving critters on various videos help you decide upon the necessary POA more quickly on critters at the many natural angles you will encounter in the field in a timely manner, making target acquisition much faster.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3252557 - 09/17/20 01:39 AM Re: Do you concentrate on the target or the crosshair? [Re: tpcollins]
Bear Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Colorado USA
I concentrate on the target and when I see the cross hairs drifting almost on the point of impact I want I send it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.