Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3252474 - 09/15/20 05:20 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: pyscodog]
7887mm08 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: upstate n.y.
3 weeks ago my local shop still had rem primers.
I bought a brick each of 7 1/2 and 9 1/2 $43.00 each before tax.

#3252476 - 09/15/20 05:34 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I use quite a few of CCI LR. Got them for $37. No small rifle to be found or at least the two shops I went to today. I have several thousand 210M'S and 7 1/2's but could use CCI 400's if I see them. If not, I'll just work around them with the ones I have plenty of.

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

#3252509 - 09/16/20 01:07 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: pyscodog]
SnowmanMo Offline
Director/Moderator

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Word from our supplies wholesaler is that many manufacturers, such as Winchester, are holding back primers for use in their own ammunition lines. With ammunition prices skyrocketing it makes sense that they would try to capitalize on the profits. We often want to attribute noble sentiments to gun related manufacturers but they are just businesses like any other, and they are in the business to make money. I have seen loaded ammunition prices passing the $1 per round for 9mm, 40 SW, 45 SCP, etc. and rifle ammunition like 223 well over $1 per round. So I am not surprised to see primer prices rising. I have seen an increase at the wholesaler level on primers and powder. While it is not as bad as what we are seeing in the private market, it is still a bothersome trend.

We have gotten word that the companies still manufacturing and selling primers are backed up to almost 6 months out. Of course, that is not taking into account a possible Biden win.

It really is the simple law of supply and demand. Those who have the supply can demand the money.

Mama always said, coyotes are like a box of chocolates...

#3252514 - 09/16/20 01:43 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: SnowmanMo]
B23 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Pacific NW
Originally Posted By: SnowmanMo
Of course, that is not taking into account a possible Biden win.

My eyes, my eyes, my eyes!!

Next time could you please apply a *Warning reading this could burn you eyes!* label to this before you post it. scared

#3252524 - 09/16/20 04:02 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: pyscodog]
Dultimatpredator Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
I bought some Remington 9 1/2 the other day for $5 per hundred. I bought 300 figuring it will get me by with one of my pet loads till the election is over and prices get back to normal.

Edited by Dultimatpredator (09/16/20 04:02 PM)

#3252539 - 09/16/20 08:25 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: pyscodog]
lhitchcox Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: SE Tennessee
Those are scalper prices and I would not pay that price and I would also remember their sins when/if things got back close to normal. We had a nearby dealer who was selling .380 FMJ ammo for $1.00 per round during Sandy Hook. I have not entered their business since then and will never do business with them again.

#3252588 - 09/17/20 01:37 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: pyscodog]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
there are several company's i refuse to do business with based on how they handled post-sandy hook.

lowerthandirt is just one of them. $99 pmags amongst other atrocities .... yeesh!

#3252614 - 09/17/20 08:50 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I saw Wolfe 223 ammo in a pawn shop today for $30 a box. Might have been 50 rounds, IDK for sure.

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

#3252624 - 09/17/20 10:04 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: lhitchcox]
Rustydust Online
PM senior

Loc: Southwest Idaho
Before the last primer famine there was a dealer in Boise that had bought up an out of state gun shop a few months earlier. In a back room he showed me a pallet of primers all wrapped tight in plastic. Cases and cases and cases of primers. Got them for next to nothing. Later when primers were like nowhere to be found he had a card table set out with several bricks of those primers on them that you would see as soon as you walked in the store. They were marked more than double the normal price. I was there when one guy came in and he saw the display and exclaimed "You got primers?" The owner said, right in front of me perhaps forgetting that he had shown me his find a few months ago, "Yeah, I was able to find some. I hate to charge this much but I have to recoup what I spent on them." And the guy was so glad that he had some that he paid the price. I am sure that it was about 10 times what he gave for them. Might even be more than that. I always thought that was kind of s#itty and underhanded for this guy do to this and told some friends about this too. I never bought anything else from this guy because of that. He is still in business and doing well I think, but it still irks me to this day him doing that.

#3252720 - 09/18/20 08:34 PM Re: Small Rifle Primer costs going up [Re: Rustydust]
204 AR Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Nebraska
Originally Posted By: Rustydust
Before the last primer famine there was a dealer in Boise that had bought up an out of state gun shop a few months earlier. In a back room he showed me a pallet of primers all wrapped tight in plastic. Cases and cases and cases of primers. Got them for next to nothing. Later when primers were like nowhere to be found he had a card table set out with several bricks of those primers on them that you would see as soon as you walked in the store. They were marked more than double the normal price. I was there when one guy came in and he saw the display and exclaimed "You got primers?" The owner said, right in front of me perhaps forgetting that he had shown me his find a few months ago, "Yeah, I was able to find some. I hate to charge this much but I have to recoup what I spent on them." And the guy was so glad that he had some that he paid the price. I am sure that it was about 10 times what he gave for them. Might even be more than that. I always thought that was kind of s#itty and underhanded for this guy do to this and told some friends about this too. I never bought anything else from this guy because of that. He is still in business and doing well I think, but it still irks me to this day him doing that.

I hear ya on that, I really do. But on the other hand, any dealer selling for honest prices right now and back then, will just have his inventory hoarded up to be resold on gunbroker. I don't feel that's right either, but it is America after all.

The people to blame, if any I guess, are the ones buying at high prices out of panic. You can't charge high prices if no one will pay it.

A sad story in my neck of the woods was Lock Stock and Barrel. After Obozo got elected the first time, there was such a run that they ran out of inventory, couldn't get more, and the bank called their loan, at least that's the way I heard it. That's the business side of it, sell cheap and you won't have anything to sell pretty soon in these circumstances. If you can't ride out the hit, well you get the picture.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.