Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3241578 - 04/12/20 09:31 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: Cinch]
tripod3 Online
PM senior

Loc: WA
Been watching the Kong coolers made in WA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0gp8FCt7d8

#3241656 - 04/13/20 12:54 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
DesertRam Offline

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
Although I would love a fridge like DAA, that's not in the cards right now. For Christmas I got a cooler made by Cordova. They're veteran owned, made in the US, and staunch 2A supporters (their slogan is "2A is in our DNA." It's been a great cooler. Check them out.

#3241661 - 04/13/20 02:49 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
AWS Offline

Loc: NM
I have an older Coleman 12v cooler that will just lower the outside temp by 40 degrees or so so in the summer it worked as a cooler but you had to be careful not to freeze things. During pheasant season we plugged it into the outlet in the camp grounds and used it to freeze birds, we'd eat a couple every day and put a couple in the cooler. There was no temp control so it was kind of a pain to use. The one DAA showed looked pretty nice, they have a 35 quart with temp control that will switch from cooler to freezer(handy) for $299 and from the reviews a lot of truckers use them in the cab so they don't have to eat Truck Stop food. I need to do a little math and see if my small 100w 70ah battery solar system will support it.

I picked up a cooler, "Lifetime 28qt" at Walmart on sale last summer. I put a block of ice in it before leaving for the PM convention and had to buy ice at the convention that lasted till I got home 14 days, we kept lunchmeat, veggies, butter and coffee creamer in it. Usually I have to get ice more often, I like it. I was hoping to arrow some carp this spring and bring home fillets for the smoker but like just about everyone else plans are on hold.

Edited by AWS (04/13/20 02:53 PM)

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3241704 - 04/13/20 09:47 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: Cinch]
22 Chuck Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Montmorency Co, MI
Yetis are high priced cause the co sends millions to anti-gun
organizations.

Product may be good but it is a shame any gun guys would ever buy such a product. I told my local hardware it is too bad he sells the stuff and my reason for saying so.

See lots of gun guiys wearing Levis also--another anti company.
YUK..

#3241740 - 04/14/20 09:57 AM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: 22 Chuck]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3241766 - 04/14/20 01:39 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: hm1996]
tripod3 Online
PM senior

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: hm1996

Only problem you have to figure out the classification of each thing you are interested in.

#3242549 - 04/23/20 07:03 AM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
YoungSwim881 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hey, everyone. I watched that video comparison and found out a lot of info about coolers. I have a cooler, but I bought it a few years ago, and it keeps ice for max 6-8 hours. I use it when we go somewhere to have a picnic, but for example, if I will go camping, that cooler is not the best one to take with me. And now, when I have more time, I've been looking for a new one and watch comparison videos and read reviews to choose the new one. From all the info I saw, I can say that the best for camping are Yeti and Pelican coolers ( the opinion is based on all the reviews I've read). And I think that I'll buy Pelican ProGear Elite cooler, because it guarantees ice retention for 10 days, and that's all I need. It's also quite heavy, but I think it won't be a big problem. What do you think about it? I found one detailed review of the best coolers in 2020 here and that's why I decided to buy the Pelican. Maybe, you have more experience than me and can give me a few tips. Which coolers do you use, and are they worth buying?

Edited by YoungSwim881 (04/27/20 08:34 AM)

#3243495 - 05/03/20 07:10 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: Cinch]
22 Chuck Offline
Seasoned Member

Thanks to all the YETI buyers. Youve all made donations to
2A organizations all the more needed.

#3244070 - 05/10/20 04:28 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: 22 Chuck]
Mr. Poppadopalis Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
Originally Posted By: 22 Chuck
Thanks to all the YETI buyers. Youve all made donations to
2A organizations all the more needed.

I currently have 2 Yeti Coolers, won them in contests. I think i have won around 5, i have sold all of them except for a 64 Quart and smaller one with a Handle.

I would NEVER buy one!!

#3244234 - 05/12/20 01:23 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
Tim Neitzke Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Michigan
Yeti 105, but did not pay full price for it.

#3245968 - 06/03/20 12:59 AM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
Jason50cal Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have a couple Rtic coolers and I’m happy with them

#3249813 - 08/05/20 09:03 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
viper Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
YETI ISSUES A STATEMENT ON ANTI-NRA CRITICISM

A few days ago the NRA released a statement claiming that the YETI coolers decided to cut ties with them. The response from gun owners and sportsmen came quick with many calling for a boycott. Many Americans take their 2nd Amendment right very seriously and it seemed odd to a lot of people that an outdoor company like YETI wouls alienate such a huge part of their customer base.

YETI issuing the following statement in response to the controversy.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that “[YETI has] declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.” Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

I know Yeti has new programs for police, nurses, military, All first responders and many more. Just go to their site and look it up.

#3249822 - 08/05/20 10:37 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
GRIZZLYONE Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: So Cal

#3252368 - 09/13/20 10:04 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: shanedogg]
22 Chuck Offline
Seasoned Member

Too bad gun guys buy YETI.. They have donated millions $$$$ to anti 2A activities.

I told our local hardware "....to bad you even sell YETI."

#3252397 - 09/14/20 12:32 PM Re: best ice chest/cooler [Re: crapshoot]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: crapshoot
Check out the pelican coolers.

buddy of mine has the Pelican that he keeps in his work van (he does expedited delivery service)

that thing is so efficient that in 80* weather bottled water will freeze in the ice.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.