How do you get all your crap to the field?

Beard buster chair over right shoulder on sling. AR on top of with sling so it doesn’t dig into my back. Foxpro in one hand and tripod in other. All other items go in chest rig or smaller pack depending on if day or night. Night time I tend to go with a chest rig.

Rifle goes on a sling, carry tripod in left hand, call in right hand, thermal scanner on a lanyard around my neck everything else in pockets. Normally there's two guys though so one guy has a free right hand to scan with while walking out.

Last edited:
Eberlestock backpack as the only thing i want in my hands anytime i step in the woods day or night is my gun and the pack IMO saves enery as a whole due to the easy of packing everything except my gun
thumbup.gif
.....Good Luck!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
I sling my rifle or carry it in mounted on the tripod over my shoulder if not walking to far. As far as everything else. I wear a waist pack that holds caller remote, hand calls, extera batteries and loaded mags. I have the foxpro carry bag (tan one) that I carry the call and a hardcase of extra batteries in.

I mostly hunt from the back of my truck. Has not hurt my success rate in my opinion. Most properties I have access to are drivable so why walk...

I'll be doing some reviews on the Lowdrag II, my G4 and the Gunslinger II this fall, how we use them, why we use them and what we put in the all the compartments that really help us go further.

Bowhntr6pt - You are the Boss, I would suspect you're contemplating developing a silent air conditioning unit for your setup.

Originally Posted By: P&YOriginally Posted By: 6mm06
You guys have some neat equipment.

X2!

Gman that Rubicon is SWEET!

Thanks...... Some of the the properties I hunt are around 1k acres so I need a way to cover a lot of ground at night.

I'm just a piker compared to most on this site relative to miscellaneous expenses - in order to keep up with you guys, I need to win a big lottery - just need to find that extra dollar to purchase a ticket.
crazy.gif

A good pair of boots, a backpack, and my rifle.
I carry 2 scopes, glass and thermal.
My 22 pistol for squirrels.
A few packs of cheese crackers and a Coke.
My turkey pillow for my butt.
Aluminum foil and onion for cooking the squirrels.

Back