Giraud Tool Customer Service A+

Heretic

I bought my case trimmer close to 10 years ago. No idea how many cases I've trimmed but I wore out the bearings in the cutter assembly.

I called and asked if I could buy a replacement housing (where the bearing, cutter blade and shell holder install).

Simple answer is no because that is the "meat" of the machine. I spoke with Margaret (also A+ in speaking with her, incredibly helpful and patient), and she mentioned that they could repair the part if I sent it in. Talk about separation anxiety - me without the most useful tool on my bench next to my progressive???

I sent it in on Aug 28th and got it back today. As good as new!

Pricing was very reasonable
thumbup.gif

Saving my pennies so I can buy his annealing machine.

If you've got the need and are on the fence about spending that kind of money on a trimmer, it's worth it. If you can use an electric pencil sharpener, you can use the Giraud Case Trimmer. I haven't had to rotate the blade yet on any of the cutter heads, they practically last forever.

I bought the Giraud trimmer last year, I've got a couple RCBS prep centers and and RCBS trimmer but this is definitely the way to go. Mine is set up for 223, 22-250, 260, and 6.5 PRC, I don't anneal but will have to look into his.

Great info on the turn around time and price point for service!

I have had my trimmer for close to ten years as well. If you have a lot of brass to trim it is fantastic. Let us know how the annealer works if you get one.

Back