Ar barrel tip

skindaddy

I am trying to get the end of my barrel to be just like a normal barrel, without some ear piercing brake. I cannot find anything like my A-bolt tip you can put on instead of a brake.
Or do you just use a little threaded cap or protector?
Was going to go kaw valley comp but with a .75 barrel will look like a big wang on end

I put on levang muzzle brakes that direct the muzzle blast forward out of courtesy to my hunting buddies. It doesn't do a whole lot for recoil reduction but how much does a 5.56 really recoil?

As much as I hate to say it you can find it about anything you need on eBay as well. You just have to make sure the thread pitch and the length and the diameter is correct.

I have no use for muzzle brakes on anything I shoot. Done a couple of the $10 thread protectors on Amazon. Worked just fine for me.

I just got my levang copy from e-bay for 17.00. it's pretty sweet for the money.
Muzzle blast goes forward and these are shorter than levang's, no more blast concussions.

I’ve used a KVP linear compensators on a dozen or so rifles, almost all of them with .750” muzzles. Never had felt like any of them looked like they had a “wang” hanging out front.

36440480166_b6c0499181_b.jpg

A2 birdcage is cheap. No problem with muzzle blast and it's not obnoxiously loud like brakes plus they work great as a flash hider for night hunting.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerA2 birdcage is cheap. No problem with muzzle blast and it's not obnoxiously loud like brakes plus they work great as a flash hider for night hunting.
I been happy with the A2 and it protects your crown if you put it on your dirty or wet floor mat. I also mainly shoot 20" and 22" barrels. Haven't shot my 16" AR, still NIB but friends have them and they are noticeably louder.

By A bolt tip do you mean the BOSS system, if so you need a tuner/brake or straight tuner. Harrels would be a source but would add some bulk to the muzzle.

I like the simple threaded device linear compensator on mine. About the size of a normal a2 comp and way less noise. I use them on all ar's that I hunt with. If you google simple threaded device they will show up.

Back