Painting coyote rifle w spray paint

Shooter222

Custom Call Maker
I have read the painting with sponge thread. I like the looks of all of the rifles.
I want to try something a little different, so I decide to try spray paint my calling rifle camo.
I will post piks once I am done.

First thing, I wanted to make sure Bering optics wouldn’t void my warranty if I painted the hogster . Borris said , go for it. just mask off the important stuff which I was planning anyways.

So now I’m Waiting on a few things to come in , I’ll post piks of how it turns out once done.
I been watching vid after vid to try and decide what method I’m gonna try. I believe I will be using a mesh net , 4 different colors of spray paint. Most of my hunting is done at night so I’ll be aiming for a darker camo- more brown/ dark green.

While at it, I’ll probably spray the predator tactics tripod legs as well.

Fingers crossed it all turns out well.

Last edited:
I do a few daytime hunts just not many. I look around while sitting in woods during turkey and deer season and I notice the lack of “straight black” items naturally in the woods .
Almost 95% of the time my hunting is on a tripod .

Just my thoughts , maybe a camo rifle would blend in better.

Shooter222 that is my observation also, when I was hunting with a partner and we separated on a stand the easiest way to find him was to look for his black barrel sticking out of the brush. Since then I at leas camo the barrels on my calling guns.

These more so with massive amount of barrel. The actions are far enough back in the brush or behind my arm that hey don't show.

VGUJSc.jpg

mF8Jow.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGI only paint the crown, 'cause that's the only part predators ever see.
thumbup1.gif

Now that's funny right there!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dislike all black rifles, so I have broke out the Krylon more than once. My Savage got a paint job before it ever saw the range. My Remmy got a mild sponge job recently as well. I've used leaves, netting, just about anything that makes them different. You can't really mess it up and if you do, just paint it again. Go for it!

I watch a few Foxpro outubes.

Those guys have a tripod w/ about a 1" wide RED bad on it. I dont know why they dont camo that band but they seem to kill a bunch w/ that equip.

Sorry guys it took so long to post the picture of the finished product. It turned out pretty well. I also did the tripod but I took this picture a few days before I painted the tripod.
I used 4 colors of rustoleum camo paint and 3 coats matte clear coat .
I have not used it in field yet.
I’m not the best photographer but hope you guys enjoy.
url]

And yes chuck , I have the same red pieces on my tripod, they are now camo [beeep].

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong that my picture shows up as a link and not as a picture?
It would be appreciated.

Back