Vintage BLACK Circe Predator Call

Yup,
Saw them. They can keep them at that price. I tried on both lots but way to much moola for me. I've got enough to last my lifetime.

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteFrom the book. "The red one was originally produced for Timothy Ball as a coon call (Coon Squaller). Red was so appealing that Circe felt the need to also sell a few with their own labels" Plastic calls were introduced in 1970 with the other colors added after that. In reviewing the book the red call was made for the Timothy Ball company in the 1990's. That would mean the red Circe should be from that era as well. This is not for certain, I'm guessing from what I read in the book. The wooden Circe call, in jackrabbit is a second generation call as evidenced by the yellow Bobcat and background on the label. I'm guessing if you look inside it has a straight barrel. Circe's first calls were in 1958. I'm guessing 1960's on your wooden one. Beautiful calls.

The label on my black one doesn't specify whether it is a jack or cottontail rabbit. I guess that info was on the box, huh?

Last edited:
Back