Pulsar Trail 2 shipping

P&Y

Didn't see anyone mention it but I got notice my Trail 2 has shipped. Just an fyi for anyone still waiting and wondering.

Side note; I've already sold mine so I am Pulsar free at last!!

I have a Trail xp50 with a glaring flaw on the screen that should be warranty covered so I may send it in and try to trade up. Only thing that keeps me from sending it in is its the only Trail of 3 that have owned thats kept a good zero lol.

Bowhntr6pt said:
Where did you buy it from?

I'm soured on Pulsar but must admit I'm interested in seeing how the Trail 2 turns out.

Straight from Sellmark. They look pretty big and clumsy to me by the photos, which I would have gladly tolerated if I had any faith they would hold zero.

Originally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptWhere did you buy it from?

I'm soured on Pulsar but must admit I'm interested in seeing how the Trail 2 turns out.

I've never had any issues with any of the Pulsar units I've used, but I know of those who have. I believe the new Trail 2's have some magnesium to be more tolerable with the heat sink? Minimalizing or eliminating the ZRO shift.

Regarding the size, it's really not that bad considering the integrated LRF.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Bowhntr6ptWhere did you buy it from?

I've never had any issues with any of the Pulsar units I've used, but I know of those who have. I believe the new Trail 2's have some magnesium to be more tolerable with the heat sink? Minimalizing or eliminating the ZRO shift.

Regarding the size, it's really not that bad considering the integrated LRF.

You are fortunate if you used the units much and never had poi isses. I suspect the magnesium will minimize the problem but not eliminate it. Just speculation based on my experience with several trails and a Thermion. Luckily, I will never find out. Good thing the size isn't too excessive, in photos it looks very bulky.

Received mine on Thursday. It’s amazing. Been waiting since January when I had a thermal quit working so this was a warranty replacement. Can’t wait to get out and do some calling in a few weeks

I couldn't help it and took a some time behind the scope before I turned it over. I will say it felt nice and light but that's about where the positives and for me. Image was less in quality than the Thermian and trails I had. Viewing screen seemed shrunk and font much smaller on the icons, base mag seemed like about 1.5 to me and I don't know if it's in the settings or what but it seemed to nuke like crazy. It won't be missed

Last edited:
From my understanding (and experience) the PIO shift only pertains to the original Trail models and was due to the use of poly and metal in the scope body. The Trail 2 is made of all metal just like the Thermion which I have heard of Zero complaints on. I can attest the my Thermion XP50 is holding zero very well. I myself owned a trail lrf which would not hold zero at all.

Originally Posted By: P&YI couldn't help it and took a some time behind the scope before I turned it over. I will say it felt nice and light but that's about where the positives and for me. Image was less in quality than the Thermian and trails I had. Viewing screen seemed shrunk and font much smaller on the icons, base mag seemed like about 1.5 to me and I don't know if it's in the settings or what but it seemed to nuke like crazy. It won't be missed

The screen is larger than the Gen 1, this was once of the reasons for the long tail section as seen on the EU models and also because they use primarily bolt guns. We in the US use primarily AR platforms so the long tail section was eliminated. The larger screen actually requires a bit of head movement vs just eye movements to view the entire screen when scrolling through the menu. The font is the same size or slightly larger than the Gen1. The new Trail has more color pallets, a much far crisper image than even the old XP’s.

Friends, I'm glad you finally got the new Pulsar Trail 2 LRF. You have been good and very patient to wait almost 9 months on the waiting list ... But I didn't understand if you bought the XQ50 or XP50 model. In both cases (XQ50: 384x288, mag.3.5X, FOV 7.5x5.6; XP50: 640x480, mag.2X, FOV 12.4x9.3) they have the new ULIS sensors with NETD

Originally Posted By: IndyoteWeird, P&Y complaining about a Pulsar.....

True I am far from a fan after being shafted but to me the image and size was definitely not as good and remarkably smaller. This could definitely be due to settings, weather conditions (never really look through thermal before winter) and also eye position. I didn't mess with it much and adjust eye relief, I was free handing it. Just wanted to have a look and it looked like a step backwards.

I DID experience and document poi shift with a Thermian XP50 which is why I had the Trail 2.

Originally Posted By: johncraddock445From my understanding (and experience) the PIO shift only pertains to the original Trail models and was due to the use of poly and metal in the scope body. The Trail 2 is made of all metal just like the Thermion which I have heard of Zero complaints on. I can attest the my Thermion XP50 is holding zero very well. I myself owned a trail lrf which would not hold zero at all.

Well, I actually talked at length with several people at Sellmark and got a slightly different excuse as to why the zero was shifting, everything from a non-fixable firmware issue, breaking internally where the housing mounts, as well as a mix match of different materials. I suppose all these things or a combo of them are causing problems.

[beeep], one guy even flat out said they really don't know for sure.

I too ditched the Pulsar product but will say they never once denied the problem. I'm only one of two that I know of that actually got a refund.

I've read about problems with the Thermion on other social media sites.

Bottom line seems to be Pulsar fans are fans UNTIL the problem(s) effect their unit. Some companies/vendors defend Pulsar at all cost simply because there's big money in the thermal game.

Because of the CS I might give Pulsar/Sellmark another go some day... but not until a unit is tried and tested in the field by end users for at least a year with minimal issues, as we all know things are not perfect.

I agree with you Bowhntr, I suspect the shifting has a tolerance stacking associated with it. Probably good enough to thump pigs in moderate temperatures but definitely not up to precision shooting in freezing/changing weather.

I also had very good customer service, from one salesman anyway. (Unfortunately I was repeatedly denied a refund) This is partly why I checked out the Trail 2. I thought maybe I would consider a scanner from them, definitely no weapon mounted optic though. Been there, done that, done that, done that!

Originally Posted By: yoteblasterMy trail 2 arrived today

Good deal, I was stressing when the salesman said unknown when they will ship. They came out much sooner than I expected. Hope you like it!

Back