Quick detatch scope

Krockus

Do these actually hold zero when remove and replace in same spot..Never owned one before and it's on a thermal..Just got dialed in perfect and curious if should remove and out in protective case or leave on gun..Thanks.. Dan

I've only used them with Weaver one piece bases. I carry a pre-sighted scope as a back up on trips and it is close enough for called coyotes, actually it is pretty close going on and off.

Removing it and putting it back on is probably the best way to find out for sure. It may be close if close is good enough.

I took it off last night and will put on today and see what is what after work... I hope it is still on but I guess this be the only way to know for sure..

I am very impressed..I just attached the scope and I can't see a difference from my zero yesterday..I really am impressed..Dan

Originally Posted By: KrockusI am very impressed..I just attached the scope and I can't see a difference from my zero yesterday..I really am impressed..Dan

What do you mean cant see a difference? The only way to know is to shoot it before removing then again after installing.

I shot yesterday took it off and placed back on today and it is really hard to tell the difference from both the targets I shot..

I'll share something I have found with my rifles and optics.

By standardizing the mount to a Picatinny rail with the same elevation typically 0 MOA or 20 MOA, I can swap scopes on these rifles and minimize the changes.

Edit: Important to note a one piece Picatinny rail will eliminate spacing differences that can pop up with 2 piece mounts.

I record turret settings for caliber and loads.

Note that bases labeled "Quick Detach" may not be picatinny compatible but the narrow Weaver spec.
Leupold QRW and Burris Zee bases are examples of Weaver width but not the wider Picatinny.

Starting with 300 WM and 6.5 CM rifles,
I mounted a Sightron SIII 10-50 in Burris XTR Signature rings and zeroed the first rifle.
After logging the Turret settings, I moved it to the next rifle and noted it was basically zeroed at 100. Shooting it at 300 yards allowed for the load differences to emerge.

Note that once the Scope rings are set around the scope, I don't loosen them. I only loosen the base of the ring to the picatinny mount.

I found this was an "Ok" way to share an expensive scope on three similar rifles that I don't shoot enough.

Where you can really run into trouble is with different elevation rails.
You will have to make up the difference with the scope turret and that defeats the purpose of this exercise.

I put 20MOA rails on my 6mm, 6.5 & 30 cal rifles and 0 MOA rails on my .223 and 22-250 rifles which allows me to have a couple of scopes for each set.

If I could afford to have great optics on every rifle and more safes for them to fit in, I wouldn't have to do this. Till then, this method keeps me sane and under budget.

Last edited:
Back