Omega 300 or Hybrid 46?

Tgunz64

Ok I have another question on something lol. Been thinking on my next can to be an Omega 300 (if I don’t buy a rim fire can first). The other day I was looking at their hybrid 46 and it seems to me anyway, about the same quality as the Omega. Am I wrong? I know with the larger bore db ratings aren’t as good but you can buy a 7.62 cap that reduces the sound more on some calibers. Saw it on a you tube video anyway. Plus the hybrid is about $100 cheaper. Same price though if you buy the brake extra. Really tempted on ordering another can very soon.

I have both. I bought the Hybrid for big bores like 44 mag and 450 Bushmaster. On a 16" 223 the Omega is quieter because of the large bore on the Hybrid, but if you put a .223 end cap on the hybrid I can not tell the difference in sound. It is noticeably bigger (longer) but also more versatile. I don't use the brake end cap on either of them.
If you have no use for calibers over .30 I would buy the Omega, it's very short and light. Both are very adaptable to different guns and configurations like direct thread, QD, etc.

I have an Omega 300 and a YHM Resonator. The Resonator is quieter and cheaper to buy. I was disappointed with mine when I got it. I've seen quieter and lighter ones in other brands. The Resonator is just one example.

It would help to know what other caliber cans you have. If you already have a 30cal can, then get the Hybrid, I’ve got the Omega 300 and love it, Hybrid is my next do-all can.

Back