223 Rem for bobcat

His season is October 17-December 25.

I think we will call with our normal 40 gr Ballistic Tip load and use a shotgun when hunting with dogs.

Thanks all!!
Steve

Post pics! I remember getting calls from my guide every time it snowed for fresh tracking, I’d drive through the night on icy roads for four and a half hours to get there. Third trip was a harm. It was a no kill, no pay guide. To much work and drama. I have gone to AZ ever since my first and only WI bobcat and call them in within spitting distance in nice 70/80 degree weather during the winter months. Small game license and unlimited quota is all it takes out there vs waiting a half a decade or more for us here to get drawn with a very low population here vs AZ.

Last edited:
He drew it with 2 points in southern zone for 1st season. He is only sixteen and he will be praying for early snow. LOL

We have a good friend/guide that will take us at a discount. He killed 7 last year in a 10 day time period in southern zone.

Looking forward to it!

Steve

I have shot more than a few with .223 60 grain max bullets. Some as close at 29 yards and many didn’t even exit. Unless you get a bad angle I have found it to be very fur friendly.

I don’t remember the guide I used at the time but it was a no kill no pay. The guide charged me $750 when I shot mine back around 01’ or 02’. It now costs me around a $170 for an out of state AZ license and I can shoot WAY prettier cats with Lighter colored pelts an beautiful dark spots with no bag limits. Most of our WI bobcats here are dull brownish to grey looking with faded to almost no spots. The one I harvested was about the same color of a raccoon. I almost hit one the other day a mile down the road from my property about the same color and I’m on the southern tip. My buddy who has property about the same distance from my land on the opposite side of town has a Tom that he sees on a regular basis and doesn’t spook when he walks up to it on his yard. He’s sent several pics of it to me walking through his yard in broad daylight. I normally shoot an average of at least one Bobcat ever time I visit AZ. I like it because I don’t have wait for a draw abd previously had to drive hours up north to hunt and rent a hotel. For the same amount of money I can buy a plane ticket To AZ, stay at my buddies house, and use one of his extra trucks. Not to mention the weather is a lot nicer. I drilled 11 coyotes and two kit fox the last time was out there and was outsmarted by three different Bobcat that hung up on me Just out of shotgun distance. I’ll be packing my rifle next visit.

Last edited:
Back