Duke 850 wolf and beaver traps

varmit_master

I seen Bill Duke on u tube today. He was showing the 850 off. Said it would be a while before it comes out. Center swivel high levers. 8.5 jaw spread. Look like 550 kind of. Square bigger pan night latch. Would like to have a few for beaver and otter traps.

That's a lot of trap for a beaver. I found that #4 coilsprings about the perfect beaver trap. I still have a bunch of Herters #4's. Long springs tend not to twist with the critter. I trapped a lot of beaver under the ice on shelf sets with #2's and 3's all front foot catches. I pretty much went with all snares for beaver as I had to pack them a long way many times. I found snares worked better for me as the snare wouldn't spook a beaver where missing with a connibear would really mess with them.

Last edited:
I use bridger #5 in 4 coil or dls. I use to use 3 or 4 jump. And I used 3 or 4 dlp also.
After going to bigger traps I like them more. I use them on all drowning rods. But if I can snare them I sure will. I like using a killpole with my snares.

Home modified Montgomery #4 dogless 4 coils center swivel with sliders. Back or front foot, will hold by single toe with a bag on the end of drown rig. Best day 21 out of 24 sets in the spring, mud pie and homemade castor scent.

Back