Boars, boars, boars

Yellowhammer

Staff member
I went with my neighbor next door last night and used his ATN Thor4.

I shot 2 boars that anchored and one sow that made it into the brush and could find her.

The light boar probably edging up to 200 pounds.

Shot the sow first, then moved to another food plot where I got the black boar. Head shot with the 300 Black Out (full strength) did the trick.

50201163166_2490b7655b_c_d.jpg

We moved to another food plot and nothing. Then we drove into one with me in the back of the truck because the grass was so high. This boar was in the tall grass and let us get close. When I spotted him wit the thermal he was just standing there 30-40 yards out.

50200620088_9b322c981b_c_d.jpg

I got up this morning and went to the lease to replace my feeder timer and set in the stand before hand waiting to see if anything showed up. This boar crossed my lane behind the feeder that wasn't working just like he did the last time I was there. This time he made the mistake of turning back into the lane. I dropped him at 172 yards (ranged him when I went to load him up) with the creedmore.

50202774441_6a895ba706_c_d.jpg

Nice Shooting.

I was invited to a friends place last night. My first time there. I was using my Pulsar Core RXQ30V. We did more talking than hunting. Did see a skunk [beeep]. :)

Back