High Uintas

matthewmartinez

For the Utah hunters out there.....what can I expect for weather in the high Uintas in early September? I've been reading a few weather predictions that say low of 50's to high of 90's. That's a pretty broad spread, can anyone help narrow it down a bit? Doesn't seem like there's a ton of rain, around 2" predicted for the month. I'm gonna bring my rain gear anyway. Does it rain a little bit every so often or is it more along the lines of one big storm and then done? Thanks for any info you guys can give me.

Expect lows of 30-50 degrees and highs of 70-80 degrees. You never know up there. I have seen years we had to get elk out as soon as we cleaned them in October and have seen a foot of snow with everything frozen. Best bet is to prepare for cold and warm weather. It can change in a day up there. Prepare for rain and snow. A couple years ago it snowed 18” the first weekend of October and drove almost all the hunters off the mountain. Several wrecked there trailers trying to get them out. Just last night it was 48 degrees at my house at 5000 foot elevation. If you look at the Snotel website you can check temperatures in the area you intend to be in. The area I go at 9300 feet elevation has been lows in the 30’s and highs in the mid 70’s the last week.

Back