usps

tnshootist

With stores closed and such I have ordered some things,small things,on line.

Usps must be having a hard time of it. One item has been sitting seven days according to tracking.

I person gets used to things working most of the time. Seems like nothing is working now.

I wonder how bad it is going to get. I wonder if I will see it get better.

By the way. I never did like to see Made In China on stuff.

It really pi$$ me off now.

Last edited:
I recently ordered something from Midway USA in Columbia, Missouri. That's about 3.5 hours from me. The package was supposed to be shipped UPS. First it went to Kansas City, all the way across the state. My UPS hub is in St. Louis. Columbia sits in the middle between STL on the east and KC on the west. So the package is traveling directly away from me. Then it sits without moving in KC for six days. It finally moved back across the state to STL after six days and now it sits in STL for two more days. Finally the package is delivered by USPS, not UPS, but by normal mail and left in the mailbox. I think shipping was about $8.00 and it was a VQ extractor for a 10/22 that could have been dropped in an envelope with a stamp on it. That envelope would have made it to my house in a couple days.

i just got a letter yesterday postmarked 7/9 at my local USPS superhub that was mailed on or abouts 7/2 (check date)... that freakin letter was less than 15 miles from me and just sitting there. so it took 4-6 days to get from AZ to MI and then parked for two weeks.

i'm a boxholder at a UPS store, and they had a >2 week period around the beginning of the month where the only mail showing up was junk mail & magazines - for all of their hundreds of boxholders. they inquire with the local postmaster about it, and were informed that there were delays in the system here locally due to covid stuff. all standard mail was held, and some packages were 10+ days late. i have to assumed based on that check yesterday that those holds are still being applied.

i was going nuts because almost 3 weeks without a check hurts when you're trying to run a small business. i'm a subcontractor, so thats the only way i get paid - check by mail. On a busy week i'll spend >$250 on gas driving location to location to cover work orders. this past wednesday was a $65 day at the pump alone (2 fillups, one to start the day, one when i got home)

if you're shipping anything right now - pay the few extra $ to get UPS or FEDEX ground.

I think all the carriers are basically swamped. Recently I've had 2 amazon deliveries by amazon vans fail to make it on the day scheduled.

Mostly it's been working ok but there have been some lost deliveries that ended up cancelled & refunded -tracking showed them to be clear across the country- as well as some that were delayed but eventually made it ok.

A neighbor is a mail carrier and they told me USPS got a new postmaster that is making a lot of changes. Before, Amazon trucks were supposed to be at the post office by 4 am. If not, carriers waited until it did show before getting their packages and starting their day. Sometimes that meant 10 am. Now, the packages are either there or they aren't and carriers start their day on time. Carriers are no longer allowed "special assignments" that take them away from their regular duties. Other changes as well I'm sure but the general drift is cracking the whip to make the USPS more streamlined and profitable. Time will tell how it works out.

Wait until election time when it gets hit with mail in ballots... it don’t really matter much anyway, aside from the radical left they have the American ppl so beat down into submission they could pretty much walk all over us and tell us to stay home and we will do it.... we might b!tch about it, but in the end we will just go home.... for our own safety of course....

Similar experience involving MidwayUSA and UPS/USPS Mail innovations. Sent out from midway pretty quick, made it to La Vergne TN in a normal fashion. Stayed there for several days for some reason. Probably a week to 10 days. Emailed USPS, they said they didn’t receive the handoff from UPS. UPS said they handed it off to USPS. Finally did a live chat with MidwayUSA. They said it should be there the next day. Tracking showed it still in La Vergne TN, not close to home, but somehow it showed up next day.

probably fell off the sorting conveyor. when you called midway they escalated a call to USPS and someone went searching and found it on the ground and made sure it got to the truck

pure speculation of course, but wouldnt seem too far outside the realm of plausable.

I placed an order with midway 2 days ago. cheapest shipping was economy ups/usps with an estimated delivery date after the 27th of this month.

I spent a little more to upgrade to priority mail

Back