Which digital night scope

Pro_hunt

Thinking about getting a digital night vision scope for second gun for others to use when they hunt with me.

Leaning towards either a Wraith HD or the ATN X-sight 4k. Was waiting on the wraith 4k but doesn't seem like it is ever going to be released.
Out of those 2 which would you go with and why?

If there is clearly a better choice other than those 2 what would that be and why?

The Wraith is decent for the price. I had two main complaints about the Wraith HD. The first is the narrow field of view and the 2nd was the movement of the scope was a little choppy. It isn't bad, but noticeable. For the money it is a good buy. The ATN records sound, which I don't care about, and has the 3x or the 5x as options. I am just not a fan of ATN. The Wraith is just so affordable, so would be my choice of the two. The Wraith 4K appears to be the best of all of them, but as you said they are way behind in delivering and probably have a backlog of pre-orders waiting.

I know ATN has a negative reputation on the forums, but I have had good luck with the 4k 3-14x model. I like it well enough to purchase another. Have no experience with the Wraith.

+1 on the 4K 3-14. I may buy another as well. For the price, it is more than good. I may even buy an ATN thermal scope. With Pulsars losing zero, and Trijicons with lens coating peeling off, why not?

Tons of posts on the Pulsars losing zero and this:
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...427#Post3249427

ATN is excessively criticized but the high price vendors aren't much if any better.

After owning my 4K Pro with 18 hour battery life, I could never go back to a Sightmark anything with a 2 hour battery life. Mine was a Photon XT.

Last edited:
cmatera & 6mm06, I am very happy you are getting value from your ATN units.

Originally Posted By: cmatera+1 on the 4K 3-14. I may buy another as well. For the price, it is more than good. I may even buy an ATN thermal scope. With Pulsars losing zero, and Trijicons with lens coating peeling off, why not? I would highly recommend you taking a look at Bering Optics. As Prostaff for Night Goggles, I have access to many different brands. Hopefully it says something when I have sold all my other thermals and plan to be using Bering Optics for scanner and scope this hunting season. I have probably somewhere around 500+ hours now using Bering Optics products without one hiccup, reboot, or anything. It is the only digital/thermal device that I have used for any extended period of time that I can say that about. In addition, customer feedback has been very good so far on the Bering Optics thermals Night Goggles has sold.

My Bering Optics comment doesn't help with the OP asking about digital NV but just wanted to respond to what should I get if not Pulsar or Trjicon.

Originally Posted By: cmateraATN is excessively criticized but the high price vendors aren't much if any better. Every brand and product has the potential of a "lemon" or have some issue. This a fact whether dealing with automobiles, tvs, or hunting equipment. It comes down to what is the frequency or likelihood of the occurrences and what does the company do about it if it happens. This combination is the reason why very few dealers carry ATN.

Originally Posted By: KirschI have probably somewhere around 500+ hours now using Bering Optics products without one hiccup, reboot, or anything. It is the only digital/thermal device that I have used for any extended period of time that I can say that about. In addition, customer feedback has been very good so far on the Bering Optics thermals Night Goggles has sold.
That is the kind of review I like to hear. Good to see a quality product for a reasonable price. I just hope Bering continues with the same level of quality or better, and hope they also don’t go the way of Pulsar with producing new models that exclude a good portion of hunters with regards to field of view for those that hunt tight quarters, while upping the price tag to get a scope with WFOV. The discontinued Apex models had fewer problems, and with a price more people could afford. In my opinion, Pulsar messed up when they dropped that line. DoubleUp and I both have been very pleased with our Apex scopes.

I am glad to see Bering producing such good scopes, and with a good price tag.

Back