First can

Gsjcky

I’m in the investigation stage of buying my first suppressor . I believe I will be getting a TBAC ultra 7, but not sure if I should get one that is caliber specific. If I get a 30 cal can I know I can use it on any centerfire .308 or smaller, but will I loose performance on .224 build? I can also go with a .264 can...... would that help the performance with .224 calibers, being closer to the “correct” size?

I keep reading that after the first can, there will be more to follow. So, is it better to start caliber specific for the first one, or should I go more the one size fits all approach?

TBAC makes suppressor’s in 9-7-5 inch lengths. A 9” will have the most sound suppression, but it seems to me a 5” would be handier, and be better suited to a calling rifle. 7” being the compromise. Any thoughts on what size would be more appropriate?
Thx.

I got my first one a few months ago. Banish 30 cal. Sounds great with a 6.5 prc,and also great with the 22 nosler,I'd say one size fits all for your first one.

6.5 is 24", kinda long with a 9 inch suppressor on it, I can shorten the suppressor to 7" but sounds to good at the 9" configuration. The 18" ar doesnt seem to long with it on there.

Go with the 7". Thread all the barrels. You'll be happy you did. Performance is not effected on the 22's Ran my 7 on 3 different cal's. All you'll find is a different POI on each rifle.
Just understand you're new zero with and without the can. You'll be getting another later on.

buddy of mine just went thru this when he ordered his hybrid 46....

kept asking if he should order the downsized encaps, yadda yadda

told him wait till you shoot it and then decide. he didnt buy any caliber specific endcaps and hes thrilled with how his 223 sounds.

i run my 223 & 204 thru my 30 cal can all the time. fantastic stuff.

Back