Looking for a supressor for a .22

Rich44

Just ordered a Vudoo gunworks V22 and am wanting to put a supressor on it, what are some brands I should be looking at thanks.

And FWIW there are many good rimfire suppressors out there. Some are lighter than others. Some are built more robust and will allow you to use them on small centerfire cartridges like the 17/22 Hornets and 5.7x28 as well as all the different rimfires. Some are better at noise suppression.

I just think the TBAC 22TD and Dead Air Mask check all the boxes better than the others

Love my dead air mask. As of yesterday Silencer shop had them in stock. 22 takedown is usually a lot harder to find in stock.

Last edited:
I'm mostly sold on the Thunderbeast, because of the reputation and the fact you can break it down. But, It's only a .22 so the Bowers Bitty is looking pretty good for my first rimfire can. BTW, I wish I'd gone with a direct thread TB can for my first one.

do a form 1 from quietbore.com and make your own, I have one got it done in 27 days and its pellet rifle airsoft quiet even from my pistol.

Last edited:
I have a OSS RAD 22. I use it on my 22 lr and my 17 hmr. It works great for me. I don’t have any experience with other 22 suppressors but I am happy with this one.

I have a Banish 22 from Silencer Central, 100% titanium and user serviceable, I would buy the same one again.

I roll my own cans, but were I to buy a rimfire it would likely be the Sparrow . simply because of the clamshell design that would allow for a bit more abuse and still easy takedown and cleaning . Rimfire ammo is filthy and stubborn stuck baffles are not rare if you don't think to clean it out as often as you should .

i'll give another happy sparrow owner vote.

i picked mine up originally when they gen1's were going away. got quite a few years out of it and then did the gen2 upgrade through silencrco.

being able to take it apart, that clamshell is a nice touch on the design end of things. really make it easy to get it down to cleanable pieces.

Love my Ruger silent sr. Little or no first round pop. Three rifles and two handguns, no point of impact shift with or without. Super easy to clean. Highly recommend.

Back