Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3246971 - 06/19/20 08:52 PM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: Mr. Poppadopalis]
RugerHawg Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Arkansas
Yeah, I have been reading a lot about danner's pronghorn and elk hunter boots. Thanks for your info and reply!
John 3:16

#3247046 - 06/21/20 01:21 PM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: RugerHawg]
JoeyJ Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: North Dakota
I never found boots to be of much concern while hunting Wyoming. I wore browning boots while most of my friends wore high top tennis shoes.

What you will find out is you don't spot and stalk much, as those speed goats have great eyesight and don't stick around if "spooked".

You will/may see a small herd containing one that you think is right for you. Determine the direction their grazing and attempt to get ahead of them and "settle in".

Nice if you have a gully at least part way to your "ambush" location but in any manner you might consider purchasing a pair of rubber knee pads, rubber elbow pads and cactus proof gloves (good luck with that one) if you plan on any type of "sneaking".

I also brought a camo movers blanket from Harbor freight on my 2nd trip but never had to use it. That 1st trip I learned everything about cactus, thorns and "sticking" plants the hard way - on the next 2 trips out west I really didn't need the aforementioned gear but had it along anyway. That Wyoming country side is not friendly to any humanoid crawling around, so either forget that idea or be prepared just in case.

#3247063 - 06/21/20 05:20 PM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: JoeyJ]
RugerHawg Offline
Predator Master

Thanks so much for all of the wisdom! This really helps with what to know what to buy (knee pads and gloves).

#3247105 - 06/22/20 01:02 PM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: RugerHawg]
RugerHawg Offline
Predator Master

Thank yall for all the info, knowledge, and wisdom! I have bought the Kenetrek Hardscrabble boots. Again thanks!!

#3247210 - 06/24/20 09:45 AM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: RugerHawg]
AWS Online

Loc: NM
Now every morning take a two mile walk in them, by antelope time you and the boots should be ready to go. I'm starting now for coyote hunting.

Make mine a Minaska.

Heaven has rules and walls, He-l has open borders

#3247215 - 06/24/20 10:50 AM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: AWS]
Mr. Poppadopalis Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
Originally Posted By: AWS
Now every morning take a two mile walk in them, by antelope time you and the boots should be ready to go. I'm starting now for coyote hunting.

Great advice!!

#3247745 - 07/03/20 04:18 PM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: RugerHawg]
atd Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Miami Beach
Knee pads are a good idea.
I took a knee to make a shot right onto a cactus as a kid. Bothered me for a year.

#3248031 - 07/09/20 01:11 AM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: RugerHawg]
SubpaR Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Hays, KS
There's no need for special cactus boots and definitely not for muck boots unless there's a crazy multiple day rain going on. Doubtful. Do a quick internet search of cactus in the region and this will make sense.
Just be sure of the ground before you sit, kneel or crawl on it. They're sharp and it definitely does not tickle!

#3248678 - 07/21/20 01:04 PM Re: Boots for Pronghorn Hunting [Re: Mr. Poppadopalis]
spotstalkshoot Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: so.mn
Waterproof,non-insulated 8-9" boots. Bipod on rifle, rifle zero with bipod. Danner,Kenetrek,Irish Setter, Under Armour. I have insulated and non insulated Kenetrek boots(mountain guide,Mt extremes) have wore the non insulated in September prairie grouse hunting gtg as well as October elk hunting. Dual sock system. Use the Kenetrek waterproofing wax, keep the leather clean.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.