Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3248332 - 07/15/20 04:31 PM Re: Catfish [Re: tnshootist]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

Loc: East Tn
I am now using several different sizes depending on type of bait and where I am fishing and what I expect to catch.
Where I fish in my local creek around six pounds for channel cats is fairly common.In the river cats run 20 plus is common. Some pretty big. One caught recently was 103 lbs.

#3248341 - 07/15/20 06:02 PM Re: Catfish [Re: tnshootist]
GC Online
PM Junkie

Loc: Missouri
The 103 pounder was a blue cat, right?

#3248379 - 07/16/20 10:23 AM Re: Catfish [Re: tnshootist]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

I think it was a Blue Cat.Pretty sure it was.There was a picture on the TWRA site.

That would be something to catch one that big.A friend of a friend caught one a while back that was over 100. His scale only went to 100 so it could have been a record for the state. He called TWRA they said to come check it but they were slow getting there. He was afraid it was going to die so he turned it lose.
This guy is a catfish nut though. Thats all he thinks about according to my friend.

Catfishing on that level is like anything else. Lots to learn.

#3248558 - 07/19/20 10:30 AM Re: Catfish [Re: tnshootist]
tnshootist Offline
PM senior

I wonder why fish don't bite at times at all.
Went fishing last night and couldn't even get a bluegill to bite a worm.
Bugs didn't even come to the light.When bugs don't come to the light it's about as dead as it gets.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.