32 gr nosler spritzers to fragile for coyotes?

Krockus

Got these moving around 3850 I believe in my 20..The accuracy is about as perfect can get, to me anyway.. I am thinking they are to fragile for coyotes..Has anyone used these on coyotes and what are your thoughts. I got my thermal sighted in for this ammo and thinking I should go and load some 39gr sierria for it instead and sight the thermal in with those..Really don't want to so that now but if not going to put them down hard I really don't want to play with them..The 39s work great on coyotes,lost one do to bad facing towards me shot..Caught the shoulder I believe and couldn't find it..But anyway,back to the question of the 32 noslers..Dan

If you are calling, the bullet needs to work on any angle. Especially at night. I gave up on the 39 Sierra for the same frontal issue, also noticed an issue on quarter away close shots not making through the diaphragm. Only lost one(cattail pond). But had to boot finish several.

For the 20,I don't think there is a bullet that can kill at every angle..The 35 gr Berger has its limit also..Not Sure about 45 gr lead point bullet.. Dan

I've only shot 5 coyotes with the 32 gr noslers out of my 204. So I can't really give it the seal of approval. But all of them dropped where they stood. So I would say give them a shot, and let us know they do.

Originally Posted By: crowslayer17What are BIB? Any idea if they stabilize with the 1/12 twist?

They recommend 11 twist.

40 grain noslers in my 204. 2 yrs now. Haven't lost one yet, knock on wood! Tried 32gr. Noslers and they worked on broadside shots like a dream. Frontal shots made a large hole and coyote had to be shot again.
Rudy

I loaded up Berger 40gr for this season. I have a 1@10 twist. Have to pick up a few more boxes 40gr Berger. If I cant find any more 40 gr. I will go back to 35gr Berger. I have a bunch of them to load.

I can't get the Berger 40s to shoot to my liking in any of my 20s..35 are a different story..39s Sierra are my bullets of choice and hitting 3850 from a 22 inch barrel..Dan

Back