covid #"s

suprsongdgslyr

So now mr bonespurs has ordered states to stop reporting their covid numbers to the CDC < center for disease control, {for those of you who don't know} ..Now our case numbers will finally drop drastically, It'll be completely gone before Nov.3rd, We're saved . We shall all line up to kiss his ring . He truly is the savior .

My county has had 2 positive cases recorded, one of which has proven to be a false positive, but it is still counted as positive in the state. There are numerous accounts of false positives and bogus tests that slant the numbers if a person does a little research.The local hospital administrator on Tuesday told me that the latest stats he received has the survival rate for covid-19 in Kansas at 99.986%, meaning .014 percent of people who get it die from it. Looks like pretty good odds to me compared to the seasonal flu,for instance. Schools need to open in the fall and things need to get going. The way this has been treated by the liberals and progressives it sure has made the treatment much worse than the disease.

Happy for those areas lightly affected.

That is not the case in some other areas, however. For instance, Hidalgo county, on the southern tip of Texas, has experienced a severe spike in cases in July. One day last week, for instance there were 1274 new cases reported, bringing the total cases to 8593 cases with 183 deaths (2% death rate*). Hospitals are overflowing and they've had to resort to refrigerated trailers to supplement the morgues.

As of June 29th, they had only 537 cases with a 1% death rate*, so, the death rate will probably rise accordingly. (Hidalgo county reported 35 deaths yesterday alone.)
* Total infections/deaths

Even the much more sparsely populated surrounding counties are experiencing similar spikes. Of course the total numbers are much lower in the ranch country.

"One size fits all solutions" will not solve the problem; what works in one area may not be in order somewhere else.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: suprsongdgslyr So now mr bonespurs has ordered states to stop reporting their covid numbers to the CDC < center for disease control, {for those of you who don't know} ..Now our case numbers will finally drop drastically, It'll be completely gone before Nov.3rd, We're saved . We shall all line up to kiss his ring . He truly is the savior .

Originally Posted By: USA TodayMichael Caputo, HHS assistant secretary for public affairs, said in a statement earlier Wednesday the new coronavirus data collection system would be “faster,” and the CDC has a one-week lag in reporting hospital data.

“The President’s Coronavirus Task Force has urged improvements for months, but they cannot keep up with this pandemic,” he said. “Today, the CDC still provides data from only 85 percent of hospitals; the President’s COVID response requires 100 percent to report.”

ETA:
Originally Posted By: USA Today "the CDC has a one-week lag in reporting hospital data."

“Today, the CDC still provides data from only 85 percent of hospitals; the President’s COVID response requires 100 percent to report.”

Cutting out the middle man is a time proven method of improving efficiency in any organization. How can this be a bad thing?

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Well the way I see it, the virus doesn't really care what color the state is and if the red states and the blue states don't figure a way to work together it won't matter much longer. We need to get past this political BS and work together to find a cure for ALL of us.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIsn't Kansas under a mandatory mask in public ruling? Must be working.

They are, but the governor is leaving enforcement up to the AG and local prosecutors. The problem w/requiring masks is it is almost impossible to enforce.

Texas was doing pretty well until they announced that restrictions were to be lifted for Memorial Day. Immediately, traffic spiked (even before the stay at home mandate was lifted); then on MD weekend many beaches were crowded as if there was no tomorrow. Predictably, Covid cases spiked within a week and continue to rise.

Hidalgo county announced another 1248 additional cases today.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell the way I see it, the virus doesn't really care what color the state is and if the red states and the blue states don't figure a way to work together it won't matter much longer. We need to get past this political BS and work together to find a cure for ALL of us.

That would help, Bill, but don't hold your breath.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWell the way I see it, the virus doesn't really care what color the state is and if the red states and the blue states don't figure a way to work together it won't matter much longer. We need to get past this political BS and work together to find a cure for ALL of us.

That is exactly what Trump has been trying to do. Sorry you've
been missing it.

Originally Posted By: ADKThat is exactly what Trump has been trying to do. Sorry you've
been missing it.

And all the help he gets from the left and their lap dog media is....
48121637833_4e40526519_o.jpg

Regards,
hm

Kansas governor left it up to the counties on how they handle the mask situation. Last I knew there are still a few counties with no cases, and some more that are only in single digits.

Originally Posted By: suprsongdgslyr

I agree those democrat governors of Florida , Arizona ,Texas ,and Georgia ,should be removed from office, They really dropped the ball !

florida removed its democrat governor back in 1999
the one in Arizona resigned Jan 21, 2009
Texas removed theirs Jan 17 1995
Georgia got rid of theirs Jan 13, 2003.

way to be up on current events
tt2.gif
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223Alexa knows.

[video:youtube][/video]

So you really think its all a hoax. There's a awful lot of dead people on both sides that wish they could argue with you. Sadly they aren't around any longer to help change your mind. Hopefully they weren't your kin.

Back